relic pab

LACKIE14

hello everyone

putting a few pictures of a badly deteriorated pab by adolf scholze, the badge conforms to sizes and weight and has the AS triangle mark though badly deteriorated.

however the hinge, pin and clasp all appear suspect?

it also has silver plating which has lifted in several places, rather than a silver wash?

let me know whats yous think

post-564-1327448962_thumb.jpg

post-564-1327449115_thumb.jpg

post-564-1327449250_thumb.jpg

post-564-1327449399_thumb.jpg

post-564-1327449464_thumb.jpg

Hard to say Lackie from the photos though nothing looks overly suspect,pin appears strange but might just be photo.

Very weird Alex,never seen a pin retainer like that before , looks more like a KM style retainer, better to wait for one with the correct Scholze ball hinge, would not be one for my collection.

hello everyone

putting a few pictures of a badly deteriorated pab by adolf scholze, the badge conforms to sizes and weight and has the AS triangle mark though badly deteriorated.

however the hinge, pin and clasp all appear suspect?

it also has silver plating which has lifted in several places, rather than a silver wash?

let me know whats yous think

thanks everybody for confirming for me , i liked the look of the badge being semi scooped and everything but the hinge, clip and bar raised a large red flag

an old fake perhaps or maybe one that someones buried in their garden for while?

The pab badge by Adolf Scholze are known to have several fakes including one with a hinge -clip and bar similar to

the one you posted a photo of.

If you want to know more about fake pab badges then clik onto.

http://tankbadges.homestead.com/tank2.html

It may help you getting burned in the future.

The pab badge by Adolf Scholze are known to have several fakes including one with a hinge -clip and bar similar to

the one you posted a photo of.

If you want to know more about fake pab badges then clik onto.

http://tankbadges.homestead.com/tank2.html

It may help you getting burned in the future.

checked this site before i left pics, i couldn't find a known fake of my type on the net.

i think i might start downloading pics of known fakes for future ref to keep alongside beadles copy of german combat awards :D

Alex, you should post them in a fake thread here and we can all use them for reference :thumbsup: