Mg08 and Mg08/15 ammo boxes and accessories

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here on the forum, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Bram, I'm 20 years old and I collect all kinds of ww1 militaria. I'll continue sharing bits and pieces from my collection, but I'll start with some Mg08 and Mg08/15 related stuff.

I have three standard wooden ammo boxes. Two of them still have a lot if original paint and are marked R. Görs & kallmann on the inside. They have some sort of metal shielding on the inside too. I got the third one for cheap, as it was repainted after ww1. I was able to remove all the postwar paint, but unfortunately there wasn't much original paint left. It still looks much better than it did before though.

I also have one metal double ammo box  also with a lot of original paint and a parking on the lid.

The larger box in the back is a transport case for two ammo drums for the Mg08/15. It has a lot of original paint and it even has the original protective pads on the inside of the lid.

The small box in the middle is for the hilfslafette. The inside of the lid still has the schematics for the parts that should be in there. The leather strap is marked 1917.

The large flat box in the back that says 'Reinigungsmaterial' used to contain all kinds of cleaning materials for the Mg. It has a papercloth handle on the side.

The ammo belt is also an original example. It isn't a full 250 round length anymore, but it's still a nice and rare piece. It's nicely marked and made in 1917. 

All the rounds in the picture are dated 1916 and 1917. They are all deactivated because I can't own live ammo where I live.

Hope you guys like it!

Greetings, Bram 

20240323_185652.jpg

20240323_185926.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Very impressive items, thank you for posting. Looking forward to seeing more of your items 

• Like 3

Here are some reference links  over 13 pages of photos, to some interesting pictures on another forum (milsurps sticky) that members many may enjoy viewing. I wish mg1918 would join here. I also would love to see more of your specimens. Any post cards with Mg08s? Are those cartridges from WW I, please, how about a photo of the cartridges' headstamp .

MG08    https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=42631

MG08/15      https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=42632

On this forum see this amazing post:  

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum Bram, very nice collection, USMC have you asked mg1918 to join? He would be very welcome 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!

And thank you for the reference links! I don't have any postcards with german machine guns, but I have quite a few postcards written by belgian frontline soldiers. There are definitely a few interesting ones among those.

I checked the headstamps of the cartridges again and they're all 1918 dated. I thought they were 1916 and 1917, but apparently I remembered that wrong.

20240327_083001.jpg

• Like 3