Brodie Helmet identification

Thewarmate

Hi all, I recently bought this brodie helmet and was wondering if it was identifiable? I have looked online but I haven't been able to find the G & C Liner mark. The only marking on the helmet is a faint letter N just above one of the strap clips. I believe the liner is dated 1942

f anyone can help that would be much appreciated

Cheers

2brd.thumb.jpg.016f5201e84a444a94ada8476f3bec8d.jpgLinerHelmet.thumb.jpg.f5b535ec708e923322b897a7f7839c99.jpgInsideHlemet.thumb.jpg.1be950dac01b39e90ba67086db2fe025.jpgBrodieHelmet.thumb.jpg.bcafd87011126db8021296981ad5322d.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome there looks to be part of another letter after the letter C, the only liner maker I can think of is

A. Garstin & Co Ltd. The letter N could be part of the Steel Batch Lot Code, I've seen just N30 stamped on

helmets before, you could try and rub around the letter N with fine wire wool or sandpaper to see if there

is any numbers after the letter N.

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 01:28, leon21 said:

Welcome there looks to be part of another letter after the letter C, the only liner maker I can think of is

A. Garstin & Co Ltd. The letter N could be part of the Steel Batch Lot Code, I've seen just N30 stamped on

helmets before, you could try and rub around the letter N with fine wire wool or sandpaper to see if there

is any numbers after the letter N.

Thanks for the answer. I used sandpaper and it did reveal the letters RO.CO DN 1942 which after looking on this forum revealed that the liner was made by Rubery Owen & Co Ltd hopefully that's right haha. Thanks for the advice I would have never of thought of looking for more letters it was very interesting. Since both are dated 1942 I hope then the liner is original.  

• Like 3

Excellent, glad you found the maker of the helmet, a good maker too, I have one of their helmets yes the liner looks fine.

• Like 2