Mauser model 1914

This is my mauser model 1914 and was particular gun was manufactured between 1925/28

These guns were made from 1914 until 1934. A change to the shape of the grip frame resulted in the .32 ACP Model 1934, and the design was gradually replaced by the double-action Mauser HSc. The Model 1914 was a popular commercial gun in its day and was used through both world wars by various German police agencies and military units.

post-37944-0-61152700-1472632506_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-67852700-1472632520_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-37211300-1472632538_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Weapons like this were also used by (German) officers in WW1. However, these were not ordonnance issue, and officers had to purchase their own pistols. A pistol was not regulation for an officer, only the M.1889 officers sword had to be worn. However, many officers made sure they armed themselves with some sort of pistol, and various types were in use, such as the Mauser type you illustrate.

• Like 2

Yes that's correct, I omitted most of the portion on the information about WW1 as my post was getting rather long, I am sure British officers had to buy there own pistols as well as there german counterparts (someone correct me if i am wrong), can you imagine having to do that today? Nipping into Harrods to pick up a Glock 17 or a nice wee Sig Sauer , its laughable

• Like 3

Completely different spirit in the old days.

• Like 3