Small Anti Aircraft group

david f

I managed to pick up this group for a song and I thought I would share it with the forum.

It was awarded to Gunner D J Troughton from Coventry.

Gunner Troughton was awarded the War Medal and the Defence medal.The group came with both boxed medals and award document, Cap badge with rotating wheel,collar dogs,his dog tags and some paperwork.

The paperwork consists of his record of service that shows that he served from 15/2/1940 to 05/04/1946.

There is also a letter informing Gunner Troughtons next of kin informing them that he is "dangerously ill" in the hospital and the reason is not known.

Also included is his certificate of transfer to the army reserve.

The best thing is the letter from the Regimental Headquarters,604 (m) LAA/SJ REGIMENT ,RA(RF) TA

607-625 HARROW ROAD WEMBLY WHICH IS DATED 28 MARCH 1951 welcoming him to the regiment and outlining what he needs to bring with him and what is expected of him.

There is also a hand stitched RA emblem that looks as though it as come from a larger piece,maybe a tablecloth or a very large hankie.

Anyway,I hope you enjoy the whole group

David F

11a8r3b.jpg

• Like 3