WW2 German Army Officers Dagger in Presentation Case

Kenny Andrew

Here is a very rare item we just got in.

WW2 German Army Officers Dagger in Presentation Case

Ref: 493

Price: £3,595.00 / $5,572.25

Cased Army Officers dagger with Carl Eickhorn metal factory control tag.Dagger maker marked Carl Eickhorn with stamped squirrel holding sword logo.Silver plated hilt fittings, pommel , crossguard and scabbard with Eickhorn pattern eagle.The orange grip is perfect with no cracks or chips.Polished blade is in mint condition and is complete with black leather blade buffer pad.Complete with very rare metal red enamel control tag which still retains original cord and paper Eickhorn insert.The hinged black leatherette case is recessed for the dagger and lined in blue velvet material ,very slight scuffing to the right hand side of the outer case otherwise

Mint Condition

493.jpg

• Like 2

it is lovely, is there a story behind where it came from and how it remained in mint condition all this time?

• Like 1

Hi Greg, unfortunately no history on this item, however it was very rare for daggers to come in presentation cases and even rarer for them to remain in the case as almost all daggers would be worn, what makes this one is the Eickhorn tag which in it's self is very rare.

It took me ages to photo the dagger a real nightmare because of flash etc but after I finished it I noticed you could actually open the Eickhorn tag and inside was a small paper Eickhorn leaflet.

• 1 month later...

Seen this on Friday when i was in, and it is stunning in real life.A fantastic set for any dagger collector.

The fact that it has remained with the case and the tag shows that the original owner thought very highly of his dagger.

I wonder how much a set like this would have been worth when the owner bought it originally?

• Like 1