Scottish Airshow

Greg

Just to say if you are in the Glasgow area and into planes, the Scottish Airshow at Prestwick is entering its second year on Sept 5-6. I did not go last year but they promise a B-17G this year on static display and I've always wanted to get inside one. They'll also have historic SAAB jets and hopefully a Lancaster provided it gets fixed in time. The Vulcan intends to be there too. So shaping up to be a very impressive array of planes :)

• Like 3

Was at show last year on the Saturday they do fly pasts on Ayr seafront well worth a trip down for and on the Sunday static show at airport. If anyone fancies coming down we could meet up and maybe grab a beer.

• Like 4

I am thinking of taking the train for the Sunday static show if I can swing it I really want to see the B-17... Kenny should get a stall and Vendor passes for us all :P

• Like 3

Static show had ww2 re enactment at it last year. Train stops at airport 2 min walk into terminal. The spitfires do a fly past on the Sunday it's no a bad afternoon will keep you posted on what's happening. Would be great if a few of us could meet up.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm really thinking of going to the show this year. Thing is it is a busy weekend! IPMS Edinburgh model show in Saturday, Doors Open Day is Sunday, Flight Displays for the Air show Saturday and Static Display Sunday... thoughts on what is better to see? If the static display lets me get inside the B-17 that is all I want to do!

• Like 2

Last year the public were allowed onto some of the aircraft on display. You had to pay even though you already paid the entrance fee think it was a fiver. Some of the aircraft you only get a walk around the outside off. The spifires had to be booked in advance, I think there is a website for the event.

• Like 1

On the Sunday a lot of the good stuff take flight so I would probably do the Sunday if coming down.

• Like 2

Brilliant I'll look into it more, the website doesn't have too much on the actual details of the day yet. If I'm down would be good to catch up!

• Like 1