Collection display

Greg

The tank is a cast iron or whitemedal that I got from a auction I think a russian type...If you would like a close up let me know.I also tend to collect from the low end of the scale....I do have fun ;);):D

The tank is a Russian T-35 only 64 were ever built and it was inservice from 1935 till 1941 ;)

post-319-1249463590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well done on the tank recognition RAF :thumbsup: nice helmet Don, camo m16's are notorious for being clever repaints but yours is a one looker ,always great to get things out of the woodwork :)

• Like 1

Couple more shots of tank and helmet

post-200-1249517776_thumb.jpg

post-200-1249517788_thumb.jpg

post-200-1249517808_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kenny....The paint is real...No one around here would know how to repaint...

This shell is the real deal from someones attic...SOMEONE KEPT IT......

post-200-1249517996_thumb.jpg

post-200-1249518014_thumb.jpg

post-200-1249518041_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yep no doubt about that Don, that's the way you want to get them straight from source :thumbsup: One looker is maybe a UK term it means you only need to look at it once to know it's right , that's why I noticed it straight away , good honest helmet with original paint :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi forum, my name is bob but everyone calls me Nobby. The more generous of us in years will understand why. If you dont then post back and I will explain. With regard to storage/dispaly of bayonets etc I have invested in a xcouple of ebay purchases of ex drawing office "plan files". These were for the storage of plans and maps, to keep them flat and uncreased. Drawers are typically 3 inches deep, 45 inches wide and 30 inches from front to back, ish. They come in sets of 3 or 4, they are stackable if the same size and for me they are the perfect way to store items. I place my bayonets with hilts at the front of the drawers and the sharp ends to the back. I have lined the drawers with green felt. This method keeps out the dust, you can display 10 or twelve bayonets at the same time, they are easily removable and they are out of sight. In a couple of the drawers I store shorter items in two rows, to save space. If anyone wants pics let me know

Nobby

• Like 1

Hi Nobby, good to see you on the forum, :thumbsup: I'm hoping your nick name has something to do with football :D is that correct?

yep post away would love to see some pics of your collection :)

• Like 1

Great way to store bayonets Nobby! For anyone who cannot obtain or afford the better engineer cabinets I would suggest a visit to your local Machine Mart store and take a look at mechanics tool chests as they will take items well too. Plus the added security of them locking!

I just picked up a large mechanics tool chest, without draws to do this with, basically a large footlocker that locks. Is not the way I prefer to display but a mate of mine just had his house robbed and that made me get very security conscious with such a large collection. Keep your stuff easy to enjoy but safe!

• Like 1

Here are some pictures Nobby asked me to post for him of his collection.

P2130022.jpg

P2130023.jpg

P2130024.jpg

• Like 1