scrap hunters

This is somewhere in Northern Russia,

I don't know when this was but the pilots name was Boris Aleksandrovich Lazarev 22 yrs at the time.

February, 21st, 1943;

Two P-40 and five Hurricanes take off from the Soviet military air base in Chupa on a mission,

one of the Hurricanes was piloted by a pilot of 760-th IAP sergeant Lazarev.

He was shot down by German pilot Oberfeldwebel Rudolf Muller from 6/JG5 Expertenstaffe.

Boris Aleksandrovich Lazarev was buried at the cemetry of Chupa, Karelian Republic.

the only good thing to come out of this is at least the pilot got a proper funeral.

post-564-1320935973_thumb.jpg

another pic

said on original pics, that the pilot lost his legs on impact, i think its more likely they were lost to the chainsaw in the background

post-564-1320936299_thumb.jpg

his aircraft now, i assume 1 or 2 artefacts sold on to collectors the rest scrapped.

post-564-1320936399_thumb.jpg

interesting sotry but bit of an odd photo, can it be verified as authentic. To crash land and then freeze solid for hald a century in the exact seated position is off enough (an impact would have pushed the body forward likely) but also all kit on but no crash damage around the body, able to free it fromt he wreckage in perfect condition and the skin in excellent condition too is odd... not impossible when found in permafrost but odd.

Glad that he got a proper burial he rightly deserves but at the same i time i think that its completely wrong they actually pulled the poor guy from his grave, especially for their own pockets... why did they not just contact the authority's first :angry:

interesting sotry but bit of an odd photo, can it be verified as authentic. To crash land and then freeze solid for hald a century in the exact seated position is off enough (an impact would have pushed the body forward likely) but also all kit on but no crash damage around the body, able to free it fromt he wreckage in perfect condition and the skin in excellent condition too is odd... not impossible when found in permafrost but odd.

supposedly found in a bog, hence the preservation but can't confirm if genuine.

IL-2 wreck found in swamp

with pilot though in worse state than the hurricane pilot found in the peat bog in northern russia

Glad that he got a proper burial he rightly deserves but at the same i time i think that its completely wrong they actually pulled the poor guy from his grave, especially for their own pockets... why did they not just contact the authority's first :angry:

Russian authorities are notorious for being corrupt and not doing anything. If reported the most likely thing would be for the local police to turn a blind eye for a slice of the profit from sale of recovered parts.