Is a Chinese C96 worth it?

broom of doom

Hi everyone I just wanted to see what your opinions were on the Chinese Mauser C96 broomhandles because I have found this one for £200 and its an old spec and I love the broomhandle pistols but the's no way I'm spending thousands for one lol :D

post-2142-1315692812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

it is nice, as with any collectable, if it is something you like and want and the price seems reasonably fair to you, then it is worth it.

price seems very fair, actually on the low side so do check everything to ensure it is not a repro being pushed as authentic.

• Like 1

I really love these weapons, if i could ever find an original German one for that price i would be very happy :D

• Like 1

thanks for your advice guys I think I'll buy it but how would you check it out to make sure its not a repro? it looks genuine in the picture

• Like 1

I really love these weapons, if i could ever find an original German one for that price i would be very happy :D

I love them too they are so cool looking and strange lol

• Like 1

Looks original, really not as desirable as a German issue but it seems OK for £200. Make sure there are no broken parts otherwise it's worth zip.

• Like 1

easiest ways to check for faked arms is:

check the grips, are they they correct type, correct hatching on them, count it!

check the stamping, is it crisp clean and clear lettering, compare the stamp with originals, are all letters stamped the same

look at the patina closely to see if it is made in an acid bath - this ages new metal quickly and makes it look old but it isn't

• Like 1

Assuming it's koshe - if you like it (I agree the C96 is a great pistol) and the price is fair why not!

The Germans supplied the Chinese with arms in the 30s even armoured cars and tanks; Sd.Kfz. 221 and Panzer 1As.

Don't forget Winnie used a C96. :doa14:

• Like 1

thanks guys :D