Feldpost Letters

leon21

Hi guys picked up 4 feldpost Letters today, two for a Fraulein Hannelore Zizler and two for what looks like a N.S.K.K Truppfuhrer Wolfgang Rohnwasser.......Heres the one I like best ,the drawing on the left side is done by hand, I think this could be a Love Letter, the person who wrote it took his time with it. Can anybody read it to see what's its about?  

post-3823-1315161271_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1315161330_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1315161376_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1315161427_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Picked up two more feldpost letters for Hannelore Zizler, from her boyfriend Alfred Stich a Luftwaffe Airman. Not sure if he's Aircrew or Groundcrew, the letters dated 14.9.42 and 7.10.42 are from a Wehrmacht training school, Flieger 3  Weapons Technology ( M ) Block 111, Stationed in Grossenbrode/ Holstein. This fits in with the ealier feldpost letter I posted Dated 12 12 43 with the FP number L 42604 which relates to a Aerial-Torpedo training course, and has now the rank of lance corporal. 

post-3823-1333572117_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1333572143_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'll try to get my wife to read over it, hard for me to read German script so flowing. It talks about normal stuff though, thank you for your last letter, then talks about Christmas, then the war, something about money then. Will try to get a full translation though.

• Like 2

Thanks Greg that would be great, I now have 5 letters for this couple. 

• Like 2

Leon - how have you come across 5 letters from the same couple? curious but it can help answer some questions too. My wife said the language is slightly odd, very modern words rather than typical for the period and also the handwriting uses more modern German rather than the older cytaline German common of the time though the period was when it started to change... possibly just a very modern sounding letter but worth looking into. The guy is writing about how he is posted some place very warm and is enjoying all the yummy fruit and how he had a fig tree for a Christmas tree. It also was raining a lot. He all but states it is Greece as he hopes the Greek God of War has him in favor so he gets some leave in 3 months time. 

• Like 2

Thanks Greg, and thank your Wife too, much appreciated. I bought the letters over a 6 month period, first 2 then 1 then another 2. The letters have been on display with others for at least 2 years in glass cabinets and some have started to discolour with the light. As far as I know they are genuine Greg. I have posted a scan of one of the earliest and the latest to see if the writing style is the same, if your wife could compare them I would be grateful. I only paid 2 pounds for them, I can't see anybody going to the trouble of forging them for a couple of quid. Thanks Again 

• Like 3

thanks Leon, moving house tomorrow so quite busy but will get back to it soon as I can

• Like 2

Heres my latest feldpost letter, this one is a sister writing to her brother, who was in Norway at the time she typed it, the letter is 8 pages long and gives a breif account of her daily life. How she works in the 17th district German Madels office. how on Weds they had a small Campus celebration and were given small presents, gave speeches, and how well she spoke what she was wearing and about the dancing afterwards. And yesterday how she and her mother went to the Ostmark cinima on Mariahilferstrasse,that it cost them RM-95, and they saw the film " Wind Blown Tracks" staring Kristina Soderbaum, a wonderful film but very old. And talks about her special friend Richard who writes from Ostend Belgum, and how he wishes the war would soon end so they can be together again in Vienna, ect ect............Interesting though.

post-3823-0-04187400-1334845345_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-15063800-1334845386_thumb.jpgpost-3823-0-14731600-1334845420_thumb.jpg

Edited by kenny andrew
  • Like 3

• 8 years later...

Feldpost L 42604
(1.10.1940-27.2.1941) Luftminen-Zug der Luftwaffe 4   WTS = Waffentechnische Schule der Luftwaffe

the person was with ground crews, armaments, etc.

Further note on comments, modern writing: The old German script was officially abolished on recommendation of Martin Bormann through the NSDAP in 1941, the Roman alphabet was supposed to replace this. However, the old handwriting still continued till it gradually faded out in the post-war years. The old handwriting was still taught in schools, but only in a secondary role and was discontinued completely sometime in the 1960s. Practictly no one can read it today.

more later...

• Like 2