Nazi Police Badge

leon21

I had EXACTLY the same pin on a WW1 style Iron Cross, it turned out to be fake...

not to up on things like this so i am not 100% sure, but i don't like the look of the SS runes on these kind of things now.

• Like 2

not keen on it either.

• Like 1

What do you make of these runes Guys...................Are they good or bad.

post-3823-1307219165_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also possibly fake, SS runes are something to avoid 9 times out of 10, i personally don't like this. Might be wrong as i am no buckle expert but I personally will avoid anything like this with runes.

It is a 1940 buckle of which are heavily faked with the double circle SS runes.

Also the RZM logo looks disgustingly uneven.

Could be wrong though.

• Like 2

You are doing okay so far guys..................Last one for your opinions..............When ever I go to millitary fairs or

antique centres I always take my digital camera and anything that I like, I will take a photo of for future reference

I have two photo files one for fake marks the other for original marks to help sort the fakes from the real, it's

something I would recomend to any new collector to do to help from getting burned.

post-3823-1307277505_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Not come across any problems sofar Steve, Been doing it for years, I just ask them can I take a pic so I can check

the Item out they just say fine go ahead. ;)

• Like 2

SS Buckles, like all SS items are a nightmare, the first is meant to be an Assman the second 882/38 is also very close to the original however both these buckles are heavily faked and I agree with RAF the maker stamps just don't look quite right although they are very close.

• Like 2

• 8 years later...

SS runes should not be on the back of a police eagle.

• Like 3

Anything with "SS" on it, immediately makes me suspicious. Today it seems that almost everything SS is fake, as most of it was destroyed after the war, or hidden away for fear of war crimes. 

• Like 4

Most veterans of the Waffen-SS had a hard time for the rest of their lives, the last survivors are still being hounded down and dragged off to court, and contrary to Wehrmachts soldiers, they got no pension or any form of compensation.

• Like 4