Peter Jackson of "The Lord of the Rings" Collection

LACKIE14

you may find this item of interest, i can't decide if these are original running vehicles and aircrafts or modern rebuilds?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

That is very cool, I discount the announcer saying it is the most accurate WWI reenactment you'll ever see... it is a living display not a re-enact and something in my brain did not like shooting the machine guns at the crowd, even if blanks because even blank guns should never be pointed at people... but otherwise, very cool video

• Like 3

In my mind a living display is static or is a introduction into the life, equipment, etc up close and personal. A Reenactment is slightly more bound to an exact event, ie in the US the reenactments of Civil war battles are guys in uniform marking about and doing exactly what happened in the battle.

It is me simply being picky though mainly bc I'd love to be in New Zealand and seeing that equipment for myself

• Like 3

some armoured cars of the time were quite advanced and fancy, especially those used by German in the Balkan's they practically had a flying legion of them.

• Like 3

they were also used on the Eastern Front.

• Like 3

• 11 years later...

OK that is very cool.I would love to see 👍that tank in person. Thank you Lackie14. Those planes are neat too.  Was that at the Classic fighters  Omaka Airshow in 2007 in Belenhein New Zeland?    That would make for the WW I fighters. That must be one interesting event. Does anyone have more footage of the tank? 

• Like 3

Hi USMC,

yes it's the Omaka Airshow in 2007. I believe all the items belong to Peter Jackson of "The Lord of the Rings" fame, he takes collecting to a different  level. Here is another clip for you.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to Peter Jackson of "The Lord of the Rings" Collection
  • Kenny Andrew pinned and featured this topic

I would not mind having that in my backyard!

• Like 3