Hess Landing

Greg

BBc article today on the Hess landing in Scotland 70 years ago. The boy (then) interviewed sound like he is trying to make a conspiracy if I ever heard one with his 'that seems strange' comments... so much for objective reporting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13333536

There was a good piece on the one show last night about Hess ,showed the field where he parachuted into my pal's farm in Eaglesham.

I remember watching Hess at the Nuremberg trails on freeview, he'd have made a good candidate for the raving loony party. he'd definitely lost the plot by then . Not sure about the boys story.

Was Hess putting on a show at his trial was he mad was it an act i am not convinced either way. Why was he never released from prison he posed no greater threat to society than the others ie Speer and co who served a rather short sentence for the crimes they committed. One thing for sure lot's of post war conspiracy tales were spun around him.

It suited the Russians to keep him in prison,gave them a foot in West Berlin.

You could be right Stu. Personally I think because he was Hitlers no2 the Allies asumed that he knew every thing that Hitler intended to do between 1941-1945, and that sealed his fate at his trail no mater what he said. He was a doomed man from the word go.

You could be right Stu. Personally I think because he was Hitlers no2 the Allies asumed that he knew every thing that Hitler intended to do between 1941-1945, and that sealed his fate at his trail no mater what he said. He was a doomed man from the word go.

an old guy i worked with, great old guy , guarded hess was also in aden a real character really funny still see him as he works with my brother.

i asked him what he could remember about his guard duty, he saw hess once or twice the rest was messing about with his mates tricks etc really funny.

Although he was Hitlers no2 so to speak Hess started to feel alienated around 39 as he was increasingly isolated from Hitlers inner circle and not told or consulted on important matters.One theory is this was part of the reason for his flight..to regain Hitlers favour.

The inner circle hated each other always competing to win Hitlers favour by jumping through hoops.

His son seemed to think he was murdered by British Special forces.