Small Display

leon21

Here's a small glimpse of my collection, the rest is boxed away. I change the display about every 6 months. :)

post-3823-1304533864_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1304533909_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice collection Leon :thumbsup: I see you have a couple of books there that I read years ago and were very good if I remember correctly, Sealion and SS-GB.

• Like 2

good stuff, what maker is the bayonet?

• Like 3

Thanks Guys..........Have'nt read SS-GB yet, Sealion was very good..............The bayonet is marked....C L C 1942.

The Scabbard is by E.U.F. Horster 1938..........Both are waffen amp stamped as well.

• Like 4

awesome collection all you need now is a luger lol

• Like 3

Thanks Broom glad you like the display, not sure about a luger. I did have the chance to buy a Mauser Kar 98k Carbine Rifle that the bayonet Ive got was with. But it was to big an item to display at the time, so I just bought the bayonet. :)

• Like 3

That's Great, CLC is the code for Richard A. Herder, Soligen they also used S/239 and produced 1934-1944

EUF Horster is quite common, they produced 1934-1944 and are also marked asw or S/155

• Like 3

Great collection Leon :)

• Like 3

• 8 years later...

Nice headdress. All original pieces? You should keep the cap under glass and on a model head, moths are a constant danger.
The bayonet frog as far as I can see, looks like a pre-war Austrian type. However, after March 1938 full use was made of Austrian uniforms and equipment, as the Austrian army was incorporated into the Wehrmacht, so these were worn for a while. Czech army equipment was also used, including the weapons.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Nice stuff leon! I do agree with Fritz on the moths. I had an infestation before, not pretty for collectibles. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Great display. Like the wire on the lid on the left. You could add some rough cut hessian next time you swap things around perhaps. Just an idea.

• Like 4

On 06/05/2011 at 13:11, broom of doom said:

awesome collection all you need now is a luger lol

Or a Broom Handle Mauser. Both very desirable weapons to add to a collection. Pricey though.

• Like 4

You should have bought the Mauser K.98 at the time, good ones have become very expensive, as for space, simply place it upright in the corner, leaning against the wall, for instance, standing, it doesn't take up too much space.

• Like 3

Leon just a few ideas. You could display your helmets something like this perhaps with the correct period gas mask of course. The balaclava does do a pretty good job of covering a bulk of the head mannequin though just leaving the eyes & nose area  exposed so a gas mask would just be an optional extra so to speak. As for the head mannequin itself, he was a tad too good looking considering he's on the Western Front (they're used in hair salons & opticians amongst other things) so I gave it a make over with a hot knife to create tired eyes,stubble & a scar or two & used acrylic paints to finish the job. Overkill for sure but it would display well without the gas mask. This still needs work in the neck area. I'm thinking of adding a tunic collar & partial shoulders as far as the epollettes perhaps if I can put something like that together. Short of actually cutting up a repro tunic though it would be difficult to recreate. The gas mask could also do with weathering in the filter area. I may possibly have more space to display a kitted out full size figure some time in the future but my available display space is very limited at the moment so thats not an option at this time.

20201008_114146.thumb.jpg.7e3ae208e4fa8db4c964c34f3ca2347a.jpg

• Like 5

Without cutting up a repro tunic, you could make a collar out of fieldgrey or darkgreen cloth, some repro traders offer rolls of cloth by the meter or less.   The gasmask does look a little unreal, there are still plenty of masks around.

• Like 5

An honest appraisal as ever Fritz. I know I can always get a strait answer from you, you do say it like it is & I like that. I'll persevere with the gas mask though. Good shout re the repro traders cloth though I'll look into that.

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

leon21:

I am late, but glad I had the opportunity to see some of your collection on display today. Thank you for sharing your militaria with the Forum.

John R.

• Like 3