Unknown SA Dagger

leon21

Hi Guys  I 've had this dagger for some time but can't match it to a unit/city. Can anyone help with this problem. Would be grateful for your opinions please. :mellow:

post-3823-1302175805_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1302175918_thumb.jpg

post-3823-1302175957_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

SA dagger RZM marked, don't think that you can match it to any particular unit or city unless it has been period etched onto the cross gaurds by the owner.

• Like 3

Thanks Mr B. I was told by a guy a few years ago who seemed to know a lot about SA Daggers that you could match a dagger to a certain city, by the colour of the scabbard and the colour of the wooden handle. his at the time had a dark brown wooden handle and a black scabbard. Don't know if this information was correct or not. Or was he full of hot air.????

• Like 3

Sounds like air to me, I've never heard anything like that for any German items. Even etching can be dubious though. Many K98 and KS98 parade bayonets are unit etched and this is almost always post war fake. There are a handful of authentic items but I would not touch the etched stuff for anything, the forgers hand a field day taking normal bayonets and daggers and attributing them to SS Panzer units and such.

• Like 3

Total hot air I'm afraid , if the cross guard has a Roman numeral you can match it to a Gau district but as your has none it is impossible to trace ,the different handle etc is nonsense , that just donotes SA NSKK or SS.

• Like 2

• 11 years later...

The black scabbard was worn by the NSKK. RZM M7/83 was the manufacturer code of Richard Plümacher u. Sohn, Solingen, 1939-42.

• Like 3