STICKPINS

leon21

HAS ANYONE COME ACROSS A STICKPIN LIKE THIS ONE BEFORE PICKED IT UP AT A CAR BOOT RECENTLY

post-3823-1298110835_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

HAS ANYONE COME ACROSS A STICKPIN LIKE THIS ONE BEFORE PICKED IT UP AT A CAR BOOT RECENTLY

Never seen one like that before, I would have big doubts, look at the awards on that bar RK with oaks, pab, iab etc.

• Like 3

I would tend to agree with Scott, have you got a picture of the back of the badge?

• Like 2

THANKS GUYS I HAVENT A PICTURE OF THE BACK YET I WILL POST ONE AS SOON AS I CAN.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i'm not keen. It appears to have a copper back plate. Also,off the top of my head i'm unsure who this would've belonged to. Considering the awards on the stick pin. Stewy

• Like 3

it is also poorly done. Remember stick pins were often made by local jewellers to show off there skill, sell to locals and provide a private purchase item to wear on civilian clothes.

the quality of those pins and how they were soldered on is terrible. If you had those level of awards would you accept such a poor product?

• Like 3

Thanks again for your opinions guys ( much appreciated )

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

Interesting combination. Poor workmanship and copper was never used, as there was no copper available, and copper did not have the right look about. All copper products are modern fakes, they use almost nothing but copper, as they are not able with primitive means to work other metals, which are also harder to obtain nowadays. Most fakes are made using Galvano-Technik, or are simply crudely cast. Note: Copper was mainly reserved for munitions, etc.

• Like 4

Not really into the stick pins, but from the ones I had previously, the craftsmanship was always very good. I would be wary of something like this in the future. Also that many put together also seems like a warning bell. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I'm with everyone on this. I havn't seen one, but panzer badge & infantry badge. Iron cross 1st & 2nd class which I think you have to hand in after winning the KC, with knights cross ? Wolf.

• Like 3