Antony Beevor

mr bridger

Any members read any of his books ? Berlin the downfall 1945 imo is the best although Stalingrad and D-Day are also compelling reading.

• Like 1

got on the shelf just haven't got round to reading it i believe i may even have stalingrad.

amazing to think about the books we buy but don't get around to reading still boxed from last move. what one first?

• Like 1

I've read Berlin but it was so long ago can't remember any of it :huh: might pick up Stalingrad though once I've finished reading Panzer Leader by General Heinz Guderian which I highly recommend.

• Like 1

got on the shelf just haven't got round to reading it i believe i may even have stalingrad.

amazing to think about the books we buy but don't get around to reading still boxed from last move. what one first?

Berlin the downfall or Stalingrad , both are a great read you almost feel as if you are there brings home the realities of war of both the civilian and the enlisted. Go for Berlin first :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ive stopped buying military book as ive at least 200 ive not read yet and probably wont get round to reading most of them! Stalingrad and Berlin both very good.Beever one of the better historians.

• Like 1