Real or Fake 2

grenadier66

Hi there, I'm a new member, welcome to you all. I have posted some pictures and would appreciate your expert judgement on the item's originality or not!

Many thanks

Neil

post-3458-1290083960_thumb.jpg

post-3458-1290083975_thumb.jpg

post-3458-1290083988_thumb.jpg

post-3458-1290084001_thumb.jpg

Hi Neil, sorry to say these are fakes from Poland, they are still worth something as copies but unfortunately they are not wartime made.

Hi Neil, sorry to say these are fakes from Poland, they are still worth something as copies but unfortunately they are not wartime made.

Cheers Kenny, very helpful. Neil

No problem Neil, the stamps are very convincing ,first one I saw I was sure was OK until I found a site which offered every stamp you could think of mostly SS ones.

sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

No problem Neil, the stamps are very convincing ,first one I saw I was sure was OK until I found a site which offered every stamp you could think of mostly SS ones.

sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Thanks Kenny and what sort of price where these stamps going for? Neil

A bit of a worry with all this repro stuff around, i think any dealer today must have a damn good eye to spot all this stuff, take my hat off to you all. :D

Yes it's like a mine field, when ever I buy a badge in, unless it's a standard one then I have to spend at least an hour to check it has all the correct text book features.

Buyers some times do not realise how much work has to go into researching whither an item is correct or not.Sometimes you only make a small profit ,then when you take into account the time to add it to the website ,not to mention all the other overheads then you can end up making very little even on an expensive item.True you may not always get a bargain from a reputable dealer but you do know the badge will be original and if not you will get your money back.

The stamps I saw for sale were going for crazy money ,hundreds of pounds and they must have been getting it otherwise the site would still not be there, when I discovered the one we had was not real I sold it for £45 as a good copy.

As Kenny says all fake,sorry. I never knew they originate from Poland,but it makes sense,cheers for that info Kenny. Stewy

Items on ebay are usually "found in a barn in Poland"