hachette 1/16 tiger

LACKIE14

When i saw this i was the usual skeptic, however at 50p for the first issue i thought i would give it a try.  all metal 1/16 tiger tank . may be a good project for the winter. I know that in the long run this is likely to cost several hundred pounds, but at present none of the big model manufactuires offer an all metal 1/16 tiger. I already have the Tamiya king tiger 1/16 so i may run with this for a while, see how it goes anybody else see this?

Imai did the full metal 1/15 ferdinand a long time ago and currently these are selling now for 4 figures? untouched boxed examples amazing 

• Like 4

£5.99 a pop X 140 issues = £838.6 and it will take about 3 years to build.  I still think the 16th scale FOV tanks are hard to beat and almost quarter of the price,  but the tank sounds good for a project if you have the time and patience.

• Like 3

I'm currently buying one or two modelling magazines a month at present as well as models i know i haven't got time to build at present. this might be the push i need to make the time. i really prefer to build them its just the finishing check the pics still not finished

next month ebay will be awash with the early issues :lol:

post-564-1282775182_thumb.jpg

post-564-1282775398_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

800 quid! These magazines know how to make money.And your never guaranteed you will see the last issue,thats happened before with model magazine combinations.As Kenny says the Forces of Valour is far better and much cheaper.Ive got all the German ones and they are superb.

• Like 4

800 quid! These magazines know how to make money.And your never guaranteed you will see the last issue,thats happened before with model magazine combinations.As Kenny says the Forces of Valour is far better and much cheaper.Ive got all the German ones and they are superb.

what scales are they in steve?

• Like 4

Forces of Valour come in 1/32 (mainly) and 1/16 Lackie. As Steve says they are superb for built models and being die cast have a "heft" to them plastic does not have. As for model in question - all the reviews I have seen by the armour modelling fraternity say it is expensive and poorly or wrongly detailed. One guy just said "Crap!" I have also heard that these partworks can go bust or stop if not enough people buy them. Better stick to the FoV or the Tamiya kit if you want a 1/16.

• Like 4

Hi Dave, i'm starting to think that it may be the wrong move to build this monster, it was the lure of a an all metal 1/16 tiger. I have only lost 50p so no disaster. 

Thanks everyone for the replies.

• Like 4

For 50p it's no disaster. I have bought loads of the first or first few issues of part works before I got fed up. A lot are not as good as they claim. 

• Like 4

• 10 years later...

Hi. My friend has all complete issues and extra editions including all the paints and various other tools required for model makers, he is overseas at the moment and I can't provide pictures, he has a new baby and does not have the time to spend building this, he's asked me if I can obtain any information on selling this he would like to sell it all together what's the best place to sell where and price, any advice would be much appreciated. 

• Like 4

Hi William, best place would be ebay was not the most popular tank when it came out   

• Like 3