Idiots with guns

Greg

We have a post for Youtube guns... now how about the idiots who cannot properly shoot?

• Like 2

Lmao :lol: nobody stands correctly they all need to lean into the gun

• Like 2

Out of interest do any of the members on here shoot, could be an interesting day out.

• Like 2

I shoot but have not done so in the UK, though thinking of obtaining a license to get back into it. I've shot 12 gauge at clay pigeons, Pellet, Air Rifle and .22 cal target shooting and all types of Black Powder pistol, musket and long rifle (GREAT fun!). Also do Compound and Recurve Bow and Tomahawk target throwing.... mostly through Scouting in the United States.

• Like 2

some of the clay grounds will let you on with no licence as long as you are with someone with a licence and that you are useing the licence holders gun, it is also getting tougher to get a licence these days and recent events have done us no favours. Cowans Law clay pigeon ground does a very good afternoons shooting corperate day sort of thing, could be an interesting day out.

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

Idiots with guns - Haven't fired a shot in anger - or otherwise for years.  In our school days we used to stage battles with a pre-war Haenel air rifle .177 and a Webley-Scott extra power .22 air pistol.  Mock WW2 battles versteht sich... Went on for quite some time, agreed was to aim below chest level at the highest, to avoid unnecessary risks. One day that went wrong, and I got a .22 pellet in the face just at the right side of the mouth, which a big tooth luckily stopped. The pellet was lodged, so that required removal. The friend of mine was very much concerned, so off we went to the hospital near Chingford, and the pellet was removed, which I still have (the second one I collected in this manner). The scar remained for many years, about the fourth one, all on the right hand side of the face. Was rather lucky, das hätte ins Auge gehen können!

Later at the ATC fired the complementary 25 rounds of 303 ammunition at a "Pappkameraden" using a 1941 No.4 Mk. 1 rifle. Later at a firing range near Rainham, Kent, had the pleasure of firing a British Webley service revolver, a black power musket and a black powder pistol. That was about it. I still kept my own .22 vintage Diana air rifle and also a further .177 type of that make for a few years, which I then sold to the son of a former Waffen-SS veteran living in London, who had served with "Division Frundsberg", and was originally from Annaberg in Sachsen. I heard he unfortunately passed on two years ago.

image.png.dba799fdc5f98f0ee4002b6b6bd46445.png

• Like 3