ss lids

David h

Heres a couple of ss lids i have, one is a s/d m42 EF64 kia, and the other is an m35 d/d, this was origionally green then reissued black then back to green,so 3 sets of decals either side,its also named inside to W.GROSSE/12/SS.2 rgds Dave

post-1868-1276617296_thumb.jpg

post-1868-1276617319_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi David, welcome to the forum , like your top helmets , but never been too keen on things from the ground.Personal taste I suppose.

Thanks guys glad you like them, i only have the one relic lid ,but fancied a little display of russian front found relics,so have a lid,ss buckle and ss reg plate, rgds Dave

Like the first two. It's nice to get a name and or a unit to a piece. Gives it a history.

As to battlefield relics - as long as they are a pick up and not from a grave I think they make an interesting collection. There's still a lot of stuff to be dug up!

Just love the ground dug stuff me. House is full of rusty relics. Keep posting those pictures. My dream to go on a dig sometime and find something myself. Until then I will continue to spend a small fortune on the stuff. :D

• 6 months later...

Hello guys i have about 30 relic ww1 and 2 german helmets from most of the battlefields,and an asortment of other relics ,which is great fun to collect.I recently got a large battledamaged m40 with some winter camo left fromn a guy called relic hunter who has dug up himself many of the helmets which he sells,he give me a written guarantee that it was from stalingrad.Other than stalingrad i like helmets which have been found around Berlin.Pismo beach.

• Like 1