Leningrad

Kenny Andrew

I hear there is a new film out about Leningrad, has anybody seen it yet?

here's another clip, it's out on DVD now, looks like it might be a bit depressing?

I think its only in Russia the film at the moment :(

Watched film on Saturday called Downfall of Berlin.Just out on dvd.Very good.Focused on the women of Berlin and how they survived.

I hope nobody bought Leningrad just watched it and it's not very good , verging on the bizarre at times ,what had the potential to be a really good film was in fact a load of rubbish.

Started off with the Russians who were in entrenched defensive positions leaving their defences and charging the advancing Germans ,maybe Russian tactics but I doubt it ,needless to say they all got wiped out.

Next a British journalist who is in Leningrad with other reporters looking at destroyed German tanks looks up to see a squadron of Stuka's attacking , instead of running for cover they all run back into the bus they were travelling in! needless to say the bus gets blown up and they all get killed ???

The story revolves around the British reporter (she missed the bus ) she is being followed around Leningrad by the NKVD who thinks she's a British spy ,you would think the Russians would have other things on there mind, Oh and she isn't even a spy.

The Germans then drop a bomb in the city centre , but on the side of the bomb the Germans have written sugar. So the Russians all think it has sugar in it , even although it clearly looks like a bomb ??? needless to say they all get blown up.

A Luftwaffe pilot who is not happy about the siege commits suicide while pissed and crashes his plane into a Russian flak gun?

A whole load of people leave Leningrad on skies carrying a large soviet banner not really sure why and don't intend to watch it again to find out.

The British journalist is about to leave for Moscow at the end, she is looking after two children ,but she has to leave one to die because she would have to carry him down four flights of stairs???

Sorry if I've spoiled it for you, but I was looking forward to seeing it ,and in fact it was a load of crap :huh: rant over!

thanks for that Kenny i will avoid it for the time being then. thank god i did not order it

The writers and producers should stop eating those mushrooms that grow in their gardens!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smilie_colors1:

Kenny,

Is this the film?

The cover has some planes attcking. They look like US Navy types!

Attack On Leningrad [DVD] [2009] ~ Mira Sorvino, et al. (DVD - 2010)

Overview

User Rating:6.9/10 387 votes »

Your Rating:Saving vote...

MOVIEmeter: Down 19% in popularity this week. See why on IMDbPro.Director:Aleksandr Buravsky

Writer:Aleksandr Buravsky (writer)

See more » Contact:View company contact information for Attack on Leningrad on IMDbPro. Release Date:21 January 2010 (Russia) See more » Genre:Drama | War See more » Tagline:A story of two women in the midst of the most intense battle of WWII. Plot:When in 1941 Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union, their troops quickly besieged Leningrad. Foreign journalists are evacuated but one of them..

That's it Dave, they pinched two of our ideas , the Fuhrer conference and binoculars but we don't need to worry ,it was dire, worth watching for the bizarre value if nothing else :wacko:

Bought a copy on Friday past before seeing stuff on form. Looks like could of been waste of a tenner from what said above. Tenner lot of money to waste for us recently unemloyed chaps. Big Issue anyone??

Will post review if I can find 50p for leccie meter to run the DVD next week.

• 2 months later...
Bought a copy on Friday past before seeing stuff on form. Looks like could of been waste of a tenner from what said above. Tenner lot of money to waste for us recently unemloyed chaps. Big Issue anyone??

Will post review if I can find 50p for leccie meter to run the DVD next week.

Just watched a bit of this DVD. Verdict ----- utter crap!

Excellent review Ross :D

Yes vey articulate of me! Did pick up another potential gem in Tesco the other day called "Dead Snow" All about a group of students that go to to the hills on holiday and take a wrong turning and end up up against some Nazi SS zombies. Its in Norwegian with sub titles.

Has the catchy phrase of Ein! Swei! Die! so all looking good.

Will post full review once I have watched but still havent had time to watch Descent 2 yet.

Obviously too much time on my hands sooner I get another job the better.

Bought Dead Snow a year ago.Rubbish but fun.Descent 1 was crap god knows why we need a second.