arnhem pickups

LACKIE14

A couple of items picked up at the famous site, has anyone picked up any other items at famous sites?  the badge at the bottom i purchased years ago, I keep this because it still brings a smile every time I see it, its such a bad copy I can still see the guy who tried to sell as a genuine. telling me that that stamp at the back meant it was genuine

post-564-1262551117_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Like the K98 part, I have only a couple of items left, first a very small piece of the Atlantic wall from Normandy with the metal mesh stuff still bound in with the concrete, this was given to me about 20 years ago from fellow forum member Dave. Secondly a small round stone which was given to me by another forum member STUKA STEVE when he returned from Rorke's drift a few years ago. I did have a lot of very nice items from Stalingrad a few years ago from a contact I used to have out there, number plates , ammo tins, buttons and belt hooks etc, In fact I think Ross who is a member here got some of those items.

• Like 1

not much from battlefields more of relics from machines, got loads of battle of britain relics eg BF109 Clock or parts from hurricanes etc

only battlefield item is a German SH1 Cluster bomb from Holland

• Like 2

is it legal to collect battlefield pickups from France and Belgium? I know in the UK if it is found in the ground it is Crown Property and in the US if you find something on a national battlefield and keep it and they catch you it's a big no-no. That said, suppose Europe has plenty of stuff laying about to put in your pocket? 

• Like 2

Not sure if it's illegal but do know if French customs catch you will shell cases, bullets etc. they will give you a really hard time, i.e. strip search, confiscate the items, impound your car etc. etc. I've heard a few horror stories 

• Like 1

my brother stays in eindhoven in holland, really handy for battle site tours.

he also collects odds and sods keeps them in his garage, shell cases etc

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Like the K98 part :)

I have only a couple of items left, first a very small piece of the Atlantic wall from Normandy with the metal mesh stuff still bound in with the concrete, this was given to me about 20 years ago from fellow forum member Dave.Secondly a small round stone which was given to me by another forum member STUKA STEVE when he returned from Rorke's drift a few years ago.

I did have a lot of very nice items from Stalingrad a few years ago from a contact I used to have out there, number plates , ammo tins , buttons and belt hooks etc, In fact I think Ross who is a member here got some of those items.

Yep the Stalingrad items now look great framed. If you get any more let me know. I have a lovely musket ball from Culloden Battlefield which is the pride of my collection.

• Like 2