Militaria in 2008

Greg

since this place is dead lately (no offense though!) lets ask... what are you on the hunt for to add to the collection in 2008?

For me it is Imperial German sword bayonets. I'm looking for a S98 aA or NA with scabbard mainly. Sawback bayonets too in any and all quantity :-)

For me I'm looking for a nice set of Panzer headphones with throat mikes :)

I would quite like;

1) Military General Service Medal with Clasps 'Egypt', 'Guadaloupe' & 'Martinique' to the 25th Foot.

2) Naval General Service Medal to the 25th Foot - there are 3 of them out there!!!!

3) Any Victorian Campaign/LS&GC combination to the 25th Foot.

4) Canada General Service Medal with Clasp 'Fenian Raid 1866' to the 25th Foot.

It's not much to ask for is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the list is long but some Hitler youth uniforms or anything from the Graf Spee or Bismark would be good.

Trouble is with collecting King and country I miss out on the real stuff and always worried about fakes.

Robert.

• 3 months later...

pretty much any sort of optic device. Telescopes, periscopes, telescopic sights, rangefinders, etc. are my specialty and I enjoy helping identify stuff for collectors as it helps me with my own research work. I tend to stay away from handheld traditional binos (like dienstglas) as they are already heavily researched. Im more into the obscure stuff or items related to fire control and direction.

Bring on those optics!!

Hi mlespaul,

welcome to the forum :) we've had a lot of strange optical items over the years which we could not identify ,next unusual optic we get in you will be the first to know.

any chance of posting some pics of your more unusual items?

Kenny.

Welcome,

An interesting, if obscure, branch of collecting. Can I ask why?

Cheers

G

1. A dark collered DDR uniform jacket.

2.A parade tunic.

3.A dress dagger ,complete with box and certificate.

4.A proper DDR parade sword,but those things are pretty rare and damm expensive.

5.A stitched flag.

Not much byt shoudl set me back a pretty penny

Why not put the DDR wish list on the back burner, (Better still on the front burner), and substitute just one decent historic, well crafted piece of equivalent value ?

Hey, I'm back on my knackered old hobby horse ! :P

And my wish list ? A good Imperial German court mounted medal group including an 1870 Iron cross with a oak leaf.

Guess I may have to go Down to the Crossroads at midnight and negotiate with Old Nick for that one !

• 3 months later...