Uboat Thermometers!

RAF635SQ

Hi guys, been keeping these back a few weeks now but decided to show them to you all.

They are Genuine Uboat thermometers (Note these are NOT hydrometers) that were taken from a Uboat sometime after the War when many of the subs were scuttled or scraped, they are 100% genuine (i know my uboat items more then any other German items) and still has the lovely kreigsmarine M and Eagle. The Short one is extremely RARE and so is the Long one, A single one without the box sold for £2500 a few years ago! but i have the Original pair! the only thing that is sadly missing is the beautiful box they would of come in

post-319-1259489292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice original items :thumbsup: I used to get those in all the time, although have not had one in a few years now ,they must be getting scarce :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Really? how much did you sell them for? and as you say they are now very scarce, hence the one selling for £2500 at auction

• Like 1

Hi RAF ,

I used to sell them for around £35 each , although I always thought they were hydrometers , to be honest they are not something I know much about so maybe they could be thermometers. I must admit I was very surprised when you said one went for £2,500.

Have you any idea what they were used for?

I even had a wooden crate once with 20 of them in it, all in perfect condition not one was broken.

• Like 1

Hi RAF ,

I used to sell them for around £35 each , although I always thought they were hydrometers , to be honest they are not something I know much about so maybe they could be thermometers. I must admit I was very surprised when you said one went for £2,500.

Have you any idea what they were used for?

I even had a wooden crate once with 20 of them in it, all in perfect condition not one was broken.

I believe they were used to measure the tempreature of the water, i was a bit surprised about £2500 to. But they must be worth a bit now. also they are definatly thermometers, did you say you had a crate full? if so then they were most likely hydrometers, as far as i know thermometers came in pairs like my two.
  • Like 1

Auction prices can get out of hand, more so if one bidder really wants the item no matter what. A proper auction for Militaria will also draw individuals who are keeping and eye out for things. Short story is, take auction prices with a grain of salt. In September I saw a WWI Iron Cross 2nd Class sell for an insane amount because it was listed as a 1813 cross and not a 1914.... which is a MASSIVE difference and the fault of the auctioneer but they did not care, they made a nice commission on the mis-advertisement.

• Like 1