Unknwon German helmet Decal

Herr_Petomer

Hi there Guy, picked this up down south for £50.00

I was told the helmet was a Hitlerjugend helmet but I am guessing he called it this due to the size.

Seems to b e in fair condition but lacks a liner and a chinstrap.

What caught my eye was the decals which is worn. I haven't a clue as to what the decal is and the shape of it has lost me. It is more or less gone but thought you guys may recognize it.

Thanks

Peter

P1030117.jpg

HitlerjugendM42.jpg

HitlerjugendM422.jpg

post-139-1258636356_thumb.jpg

post-139-1258636409_thumb.jpg

post-139-1258636471_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

No idea about the decal , but the swastika is back to front , which would raise some red flags for me?

• Like 3

No idea about the decal , but the swastika is back to front , which would raise some red flags for me?

i know, i know pretty much nothing about the helmet. unknown decal, back to front swastika lol

• Like 4

same but the swastika looks like the finnish version to me though

• Like 4

isn't the finnish swastika not the same way as the Nazi's though! other than the shorter lines on some parts.

• Like 4

isn't the finnish swastika not the same way as the Nazi's though! other than the shorter lines on some parts.

i don't know i just thought it did look finnish lol :D , possibly might be fake? it dosn't look HJ though ;)

• Like 4

Well, i just had a look at the finish swastika and it faces the same way as the Nazi swastika and it has a variation of the end being a bit shorter.

yeah I highly doubt its Hiterjugend, probably just said t be since it is a small size shell

I have been researching the decal but i am finding it hard to find any with such a sharp shield and the swastika thats just lost me! It certainly looks period painted but the fact its the wrong way has thrown me.

• Like 4

you might find a backwards swastika on an M16 but not on a 42 , sorry but I have my doubts about this one, certainly not HJ I'm afraid :(

• Like 3

you might find a backwards swastika on an M16 but not on a 42 , sorry but I have my doubts about this one, certainly not HJ I'm afraid :(

yeah im sure its not a HJ, just a regular small sized shell but the decal and the swastika will remain a mystery for now :)

• Like 4

Herr_Petomer said:
yeah im sure its not a HJ, just a regular small sized shell but the decal and the swastika will remain a mystery for now :)

There is certainly not much left of the decal, but it looks almost like the red and white chequered Croatian badge, maybe foreign - Croatian unit, with a variant swastika added. Not sure though, possibility. Helmet is otherwise not too bad, doesn't look as though it's been tampered with, nice relic condition.

Fritz

• Like 3

There is certainly not much left of the decal, but it looks almost like the red and white chequered Croatian badge, maybe foreign - Croatian unit, with a variant swastika added. Not sure though, possibilitiy. Helmet is otherwise not too bad, doesn't look as though it's been tampered with, nice relic condition.

Fritz

Yeah it is a solid helmet. Thank you for the possible info on the helmet. Any info is fantastic. Now I have some ideas on it as at first all I knew it was a German M42 lol

• Like 4

• 13 years later...

imago0084893434s.jpg.c711ebddae3a41bc5ab4dff5129f4e9c.jpg

Early photo of Hermann Göring

• Like 4