A New Mystery Item

Seeker

Hello Again All,

I've come across another Mystery Item. This one is a Pin. It measures about 21 mm high and about 14 mm wide.

I hope that Photo is helpful. There is a Crown at the Top and below that a Gold Lion (at least it looks like a lion) that is facing Left and has his front paws (and claws) extended.

Below all this is what appears to be a somewhat modified British Flag.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Thanks for your help!

Joanie

;)post-699-1257286223_thumb.jpg

Hi Joanie, you turn up some very strange items :D never seen anything like that before, have you a picture of the reverse?

It is looking like some North American tourist style pin. I do not think it is military in any way.

Hello Gentlemen,

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I do have a lot of strange and mysterious items. I often wonder if I am attracted to them or they are attracted to me?

The Photo of the very non-descript back of the pin is attached (I hope).

I will try the Canadian Heraldry Society in hopes that I have slightly better luck with them than with the other one.

;)

Take Care and Enjoy these Last Days before the Creeping in of Old Man Winter...

Warm Regards to you all!

Joanie

post-699-1257372450_thumb.jpg

sorry still none the wiser, think you've got us on this one :huh:

No Way!

I can't believe that you're stumped...I guess I'll wait till I hear from the other Forum in Canada and let you guys know what I find out!

In the meantime....here's another mystery item. I know it's from Windsor in Canada, and I think it's Naval (tough call, right?) but I know nothing else....

post-699-1257430759_thumb.jpg

post-699-1257430747_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!

Just wanted to let you know that I posted the Windsor Anchor pin on the Canadian Heraldry Society Forum and nobody knew what it was, but they are putting both the British Flag-looking pin and the Windsor Anchor pin, as well as teh "Coat of Arms Badge in their Newsletter since some folks subscribe to that and not the website. They have been very helpful and kind - almost as wonderful as you! Almost.

Hope you are all well. I look at your city from Google Maps with the "Satellite" view turned on and wave to you. You can see me at Sawyer, Michigan, USA. Directly across Lake Michigan from Chicago.

Stay well and keep warm,

Joanie