Walter Wilhelm Franz Neusüss died 25th August 2009

Fritz

Walter Wilhelm Franz Neusüß (95) passed away after an emergency operation in the Marienkrankenhaus Hamburg, after breaking off his family holidays in Grömitz near Lübeck. Just 16 days later, his daughter, Birgitt Baxmann, neé Neusüss died suddenly at her home in Hamburg. Unfortunately help came too late for her. We, the family are very grieved. She never came to hear of the death of her father, which was kept secret by his present wife, who is much younger and runs the family business, which he started in the postwar years. Walter Neusüss was buried at sea from Grömitz. Birgitt was laid to rest at the Old Wandsbeker Churchyard, just near the tiny cemetery chapel on midday on Monday, 28th September 2009. Her two daughters, B**** and N***** and myself are unconsolable.
Paul (Fritz)

https://www.treasurebunker.com/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-173-1259244071.jpg

post-173-1259244071_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello Paul, sorry to hear the sad news. Was he your Grandfather? I remember you mentioning he served in the Luftwaffe and in the Condor legion ,that is also very sad about his daughter.

• Like 1

Hallo Kenny,

Thanks for condolence. He was not my grandfather, but the father of my girlfriend. Her mother, aged 90 is still living. It took us a couple of days to break the news to her, and a few more about her ex-husband. Birgitt has two grown up daughters, B**** and N*****, and we are all very distraught. The whole family (clan, you could say) is in deep sadness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's really sad Paul to lose two people so close together with in such a short space of time , so sorry to hear the sad news.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

image.png.dbfe50688d0bb0d7ba486ee75feba043.png

image.thumb.png.dabdd84e5776215bac4501f0d09648a0.png

image.thumb.png.9689c062ae08756dbf111daa9caabcf1.png

image.thumb.png.d7c721e4d3b7a4b7c09dadf22a3e19f1.png

image.thumb.png.ba7e8fabf80ab24315cb3f992f6a5bc5.png

image.thumb.png.cfcd5b194bb688901c5bc8507c89d3ae.png

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

Text of 24th October with slight amendment/addition

• Like 1