SA WHITE SUMMER TUNIC

collect23

Members;This is a tunic worn only around 1937.Their is a photo of this tunic being worn by SA Obergruppenfuhrer vonTschammer shown on page#42 of the OSPREY-MEN AT ARMS SERIES(SA 1921-45:HITLERS STORMTROOPERS) of books published in late 80's and 90's.Its one of several rare pieces i collected in the early 70's and is quite rare.The Coffee can hat is also very rare and can be seen in VOL.III of SARIS &HALCOMBS book "HEADGEAR OF HITLERS GERMANY. Its on page #581 except it does not have the tress.A photo of this hat is shown in "Deutchland Erwacht" cigarette photo album (IN COLOR) page #114 upper photo.It is being worn by Viktor Lutze.This is the very early coffee can worn by ranks from colonel-chief of staff.Also has a nice pair of breeches w/rzm tag. I thought i would share the tunic,etc. with the members.PS.I hope the photos go through.I sometimes have problems with them.

post-850-1253389448_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389534_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389598_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389679_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389741_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389789_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389848_thumb.jpg

post-850-1253389903_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice Uniform! Is it Genuine?

Yes its 100% geniune as i never collected humped up or put together pieces.It was purchased in 1973 and believe me its quite a rare piece.As i stated you can look up the books i wrote about in my post.The coffee can is rarer than the tunic and the gold piping is something you will rarely ever see on a SA hat.My camera did not take a clear photo on the tag on the inside pocket,but its from a firm that made tunics for the higher ranks.Thanks for looking.In the future i will be posting some nice pieces from my collection just to show what really nice pieces were around to collect and did not cost these incredible prices that are asked for now!I stared in 1970 and the books then of their time had many errors as they were put together with 1950's and 60's info.This forum is the best i have seen as i see that like yourself you don't attack members when they post or reply to the forum's different topics.The last forum i was on (no names as the moderators request that no abuse or names be mentioned )had several members who were real bad guys and only posted to be nasty or just plain rats!!I did not re-up onto this forum as also their were guys who were screwing other members out of there money and the moderator was constantly ghaving to throw them off.No one needs this garbage.Good Luck.collect23

• Like 2

:D:lol:B)

A very nice uniform. yes I wish I had started collecting in the 70's as that was before prices rocketed up.

I remember in Edinburgh as a student the Junk shops that sold stuff cheap. They changed into "Antique" shops at the end of the 70's. Same stuff higher prices! :kopkrab:

• Like 2

:D:lol:B)

A very nice uniform. yes I wish I had started collecting in the 70's as that was before prices rocketed up.

I remember in Edinburgh as a student the Junk shops that sold stuff cheap. They changed into "Antique" shops at the end of the 70's. Same stuff higher prices! :kopkrab:

Dave:Thanks for your nice comment about the SA tunic.It was really a pleasure to attend the shows back in the 70's.This is the first time i have posted photos of the tunic.The forums here in the states have so many morons who i have seen tear into a real nice pieces and i will not post any of the nicer tunics i have to listen to these cretins of 1 year in the hobby who are "EXPERTS" of coarse.Will always talk to people who want to know specific things about any of my items.This forum seems to have members with manners,not the clowns who attack each other because they are just crude guys.Thanks again and i will post some other items in the future and hope you and the other members will enjoy them.Carl collect23

• Like 2

I would agree with you Carl. Being very interested in the history of WW2 I have joined forums only to be put off by interesting topic threads ending up in personal slagging matches.

:bigun2:

Ther's a lot of good stuff on the internet but a lot of rubbish written by as you say morons and "instant experts".

I read recently that some university history departments will fail any work that quotes an internet source.

• Like 2

What a fantastic uniform.Do you have any research on it? I was wondering if there was any way to trace the person who won the Blood Order?

Many thanks for showing your stuff and i can't wait to see the rest of your collection if it is as good as this.

A very warm welcome

David F

• Like 2

What a fantastic uniform.Do you have any research on it? I was wondering if there was any way to trace the person who won the Blood Order?

Many thanks for showing your stuff and i can't wait to see the rest of your collection if it is as good as this.

A very warm welcome

David F

David F.Thank you for your kind remarks.On the inside pocket there is a tailors label that has the SA officers name.The tunic has (by previous owner)was dry cleaned and the fountain pen signature ink has faded.It begins with DR. as you know many political higher ranks had this before their names.It would be easier to try to check him with the Blood Orders.but have not tried this venue.This outfit was as i stated purchased in the good ole days of 1973 and i have enjoyed owning it very much.Carl D.

• Like 2