Luftwaffe Tunic !

EuanTN44

Hi guys!

I bought this tunic a while ago, and was wondering how much I would get for it if I brought it into the shop ?

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0066-1.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

regards, Euan

• Like 3

interesting item Euan but a bit knackered... what is the providence on it?

• Like 3

It's not in the best of condition Euan, is it wartime ?

• Like 2

kenny andrew said:
It's not in the best of condition Euan, is it wartime ?

I'm not quite sure, as I bought it off a guy who didnt know what it was :huh:

In the photos it looks as though there is a massive stain down the front but there isnt. There is only one bit of mothing ( tiny ), the yellow is stitching where collar tabs presumably used to be and where the eagle was there is stitching where it's been ripped out. And round the back the seem has been stitched up again. Could it have been original, and then used in an immediate-post-war film ? Im guessing the cufftitle is a repro  any ideas for price ? I'm trying to get some funds together for an RAF BD

Cheers guys, appreciate it !

Euan

• Like 3

Hmm is there a triangle type stitching under the collars? if so then thats a little bit towards if its Genuine ;)

• Like 3

Hmm is there a triangle type stitching under the collars? if so then thats a little bit towards if its Genuine ;)

Well the stitching is kind of triangle, Ill get photos but its like this : /\/\/\/\ ( but closer to togethor... )

• Like 3

Well the stitching is kind of triangle, Ill get photos but its like this : /\/\/\/\ ( but closer to togethor... )

Also it has a makers label of Traugott Rahne of Hanover...

• Like 3

yes thats how it should be ;) you might have a genuine there BUT its not definite as i have got a fake with this stitching, but its a good sign :thumbsup: also i was wondering how much did you pay for it?

• Like 3

yes thats how it should be ;) you might have a genuine there BUT its not definite as i have got a fake with this stitching, but its a good sign :thumbsup: also i was wondering how much did you pay for it?

got him down from £60 to £45 ;) But I NEED to sell, as Im desprate for an RAF BD !! or just a Khaki BD !!

• Like 3

got him down from £60 to £45 ;) But I NEED to sell, as Im desprate for an RAF BD !! or just a Khaki BD !!

Any idea of a price then, or should I bring it in to the shop ?

ET

• Like 3

Any idea of a price then, or should I bring it in to the shop ?

ET

Yeah best bet is let kenny look at it :D sorry kenny

• Like 3

Hi Euan, yes best bet is to bring it in, will check it out for you.

• Like 2

Kenny - Ill try and get my dad to bring it in during the week and talk to you about it, if he's got spare time during the week... I would go back myself on Saturday, but Ill be at the airshow !

Euan

• Like 3

• 10 years later...

The cuff title is in the wrong place, it should not be on the "Aufschlag" but just above - see old stitching. The insignia should be properly restored / attached, best would be a skilled tailor, who has a profound knowledge of German uniforms. The most difficult part is fitting the shoulder pieces correctly into the shoulder seams.

• Like 2