My Mp40

Hi guys, i thought id post a few pics of my Mp40.And i thought that if you have one to why not post a pic of yours aswell! ;)

Regards RAF

post-319-1249758158_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi RAF what's your maker and date? mine is bnz 43 (Steyr-Daimler of Austria)

headphones2.jpg

• Like 2

Hi RAF what's your maker and date? mine is bnz 43 (Steyr-Daimler of Austria)

mines a BNZ 42

• Like 3

both are beauties, just to ask how much for one?

a good old-spec Mp40 goes for around £1500 :thumbsup:

• Like 3

1500's a lot of sausages

i've seen these, supposed to be genuine waffen stamped being offered on sites from bosnia , had no idea they were so expensive, obviously these wouldn't be deactivated.

both of yours are stunning

• Like 3

• 10 years later...

They cost at least 2500 - 3000 Euros nowadays, and are now under unbelievable legal restrictions.

• Like 2

I had a chance to buy a operational one in Prague, back in 1991. It costed 300 DM, which I thought was a fantastic deal, however I did not purchase it. Deactivated ones in the US are in the thousands, fully functional ones, are even higher.

• Like 3

Just looked at the prices, fully functional MP-40, goes for close to $30,000 here.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Hui!

• Like 2

Indeed! that is why I bought a replica instead, much cheaper and no legal issues. 

• Like 3

Original MP40 ammunition pouches are also incredibly expenive. There are also a few good copies in variations on the market for very reasonable prices.
One collector I know has a superb uniform figure with an infantryman wearing an M.40 tunic, orig. M.40 trousers, the long boots and an M.42 helmet, in all good condition, original and complete, the figure has an original MP40 on original strap, a nice complete set with a pair of copy pouches to complement it. He didn't want to pay the price for original pouches. All these items, he told me, he got for very cheap money years ago at flea markets.
Latest new laws are considering banning long magazines over 20 rounds, and also certain magazines over 10 round, these law amendments have not yet come into force, so MP.40 magazines, etc. may become illegal as from February next year.

• Wow 2

Wow, that is ashame, there should be some loop hole for items of a certain age at least. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my replica, made by Denex, has the same weight, folding stock, removable magazine, operable bolt. I typically don't like replicas, however originals have gotten so expensive, it is now a more practical option. 

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I'm afraid the strap on this one doesn't look very good with the stitched edges - you can get a better quite cheap.

• Like 3

That is the one it came with, I will swap it out at some point...still clinging to hope I will find a great deal on an original MP40...

• Like 3