U boat search light!

RAF635SQ

Hi, I recently purchased a genuine U boat search light! :lol: it has the identification plate with the makers marks etc on it and it is in relatively good condition, it was found by a diver near Malta (there were many U boat sightings here) only prob is i got it of Ebay, but i have checked up all data on the plate in my U boat items reference book and it is a definite genuine. I will post pics when it has arrived. RAF

U boat searchlight ,sounds interesting , look forward to seeing the photos

OK the light has not arrived and its been over 3 weeks since i bought It, I'm going to report the n*b, but if it does arrive soon i will post the pictures.

Hi RAF,

I'd be tempted to tell him you don't want it any more if it has'nt arrived , I could be wrong but it just sounds too good to be true, even if it has the correct markings of a known u boat on it remember anybody can get a book and mark it with those markings , just because the U boat number exists does not mean the items has ever been near it,

We see it all the time with things such as U boat stop watches marked with the u boat number, the seller says yes but I researched that u boat number and it was based at Kiel ect, I say well maybe the U boat was at Kiel but that stop watch wasn't I'm afraid it's a faker. :smilie_daumenneg:

I tend to agree with Kenny... you might have been taken for a ride on this one

OK the guy replied he has been in france and he has just sent it by recorded mail, it seems like its true guys

Good Luck RAF,

but I hope it doesn't go missing ,recorded mail will only insure the parcel for £28 he should really be sending something like that fully insured.

Good luck anyway lets hope it's a good one :thumbsup:

True, also sorry i didn't ring today i have been very busy i will ring on Wednesday after the war and peace show, IL post pics of what i buy that day