What are these??

Ross

Got a number of these with a job lot I bought recently. Poor photography as usual. Objects are beside german button for scale but measure about 4cm across. Some of the square ones have red or white paint on them. Presumably Luftwaffe but no idea what they were for so any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks

Ross

post-41-1241979927_thumb.jpg

Hi Ross, those are Luftwaffe flight tokens.I had some very similar a few years ago ,that came from Stalingrad.I think the different colours either represent officers and men or wounded and non wounded can't remember off hand.They were given to the troops who were waiting to be airlifted out of Stalingrad.There quite good bit's ,of course they would also have been used elsewhere too.

Thanks for the info Kenny! The tokens along with some other relic condition items were supposed to be from Russia (site unpecified). They are nice little pieces that I hadnt come across before. Got quite a few of them in the lot I purchased. Are they worth anything given lack of any specific provenance?

Hi Ross, we were selling ours At £45 each I think, however ours were slightly better condition and did have the Stalingrad connection, did you not get some of the Stalingrad items we had?

Yep, an assorted lot of buckles, buttons, poncho rings and other bits and bobs a few years back. Nice lot, looking great as a mounted display on my wall.