Help with flintlock

Hi There, welcome to the forum,

are there any maker marks or stamps on the pistol ? also if you have some better pictures of the pistol lying flat that would help too.

cheers Kenny.

HI all ,

this is my first post here and I wanted to delv in to the knowledge pool . I need some help identifying a double barrel flintlock pistol. as you can see it has a bayonet attached. Any info on this gun would be appreciated. i.e. the maker.etc. Thanks in advance.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u60kqs&s=5

2jaezyp.jpg

Iwill get some better pictures for you. The makers name has worn off the side but on tpo of the barrells there is a crown and crossed swords with TR in the middle. I thought it may be a T Richards gun pistol but apparently not.

I have seen plenty of these in reproduction.... what is the history of this specific pistol? Is it very heavy or rather light? Can you see all the way down the barrel? (I just want to ensure it is 100% legit).

From there we can ID it... mid-1800s production more than likely though.

Did some more digging, likely to be French or English if original... probably English from the presence of a crown... really need to see the crown though, then I can reference what crown it is (possible to potentially date because different crowns for difference monarchs).

Did some more digging, likely to be French or English if original... probably English from the presence of a crown... really need to see the crown though, then I can reference what crown it is (possible to potentially date because different crowns for difference monarchs).

THanks more picis coming soon. I have no reason to think they are replicas as my father collected antique guns for about 40 years. His collection amongst others included a set of wogdon dueling pistols owned by Russel Thorndike, brother of Dame Sybil Thorndike. He wrote the novels "Dr SYN" and used them when he played the part of the good Dr Syn in his stage play. I have a letter of authenticity from him. heres a pic

15c6f9.jpg

Thre is also a scottish Snaphance that is dated 1632.

99ngh0.jpg

Great duelling pistols! The other flintlock is also very nice, looks to be quite early too (18c probably).

Any pics of marks would help.... as a hint you always can run a bar a white soap gently against the marks, this fills them in with soap to get a good crisp photo and is very easy to remove with a rag.

The barrel marks are proof marks, I don't recognize these and a quick look over standard marks shows nothing as an exact match (there is a Birmingham mark that is similar though). 2 marks, 1 each to proof each barrel.

I'd gather it is British, circa. 1840 give or take a decade. Hunting pistol, definitely not military.

Sorry, I don't know much more.