Movies for men channel

Kenny Andrew

Has anyone got the Movies for men channel? On it are some of the worst films ever made however I occasionally find a gem amidst all the dross.

Saw a really good one last week , The Battle of Neretva, with Yull Brnyer, Hardy Kruger,Orson Welles, Curt Jürgens ect.

Set in the Balkans , it has German, Italians, Partisans, Chetnics and the Ustase Black legion , very dated but worth watching I think there were even a couple of Tiger tanks in it , couldn't see close enough if they were real, hopefully not as they blew one up :o

anyone else seen any films on the channel worth keeping an eye out for?

The Scoutcar is a US M1 made to look German, tanks looks like T-34s with fake covers to make them German. Still looks like a good movie from a time the world was chock full of surplus to toss into the scenes :)

• 1 year later...

Found another good one this one is called "Names in Marble" unlike the above film this one is quite new 2002 and is about the Estonians fighting the soviet invasion of 1918.It is actually quite good and well worth watching out for.

• 4 weeks later...

Movies for meh eh????? Not quite the films I was expecting must say. New service advertised in my local paper called "Dial a ride" No room for misinterpretation there. Will give them a ring this lonely afternoon.

There are some good films on this Channel ,the Bunker was on last week with Anthony Hopkins as Hitler , If I see any I will point them out ,however I am recommending you keep an eye out to watch them on Movies for men maybe tape them but certainly not to buy them on DVD :axis-li-kill:

In fact I watched one at the weekend which should have been good "The battle of the Last Panzer" A Tiger crew are stranded behind American lines, Tigers were Pattons I think, and Americans were wearing toy plastic helmets. Kind of got worse as it went along ..... interesting twist at the end but still crap.