Metal Miniature Manufacturer?

jtjones503

Hello everyone! Yank living in Germany with a question for European toy soldier experts. I've purchased several metal miniatures at museum gift shops and local toy stores in Vienna and Prague. They come with no box or paperwork. The only identifying mark is on the base. Can anyone tell me the manufacturer? 

Best Regards,

Jacob

20221202_211334.jpg

20221202_211249.jpg

• Like 4

Even the base is rather unique and the lead figure painted with care. There were so many artists making there own brands  in the 1990s.  I collect mainly Barclay and Manoils, but then one  type specimen of different companies or makers. That one with its unique base is also unknown to me.  There are no know books that identify the many different small company artists Base marks, paint style attributes, or marker's marks like you see with ceramics or silver items. Lets hope someone can ID.  What is its size? 

Unfortunately I do not get Old Toy Soldier or Toy Soldier Collector, I had to let most journals go due to lack of funds. 

• Like 4

One source in the 1970s and 80s was "Tradition" of London.

• Like 2

I think Fritz is onto something . Tradition of London and Stockholm does use a similar round base. I only collect one sample of each of the non Barclay or Manoil toy soldiers. My Tradition of London set is the rectangular base, 54 mm German infantry set 810.  Gloss paint.  These date to 1980s-1990s. Most Tradition's soldiers are very high quality if purchased with a factory paint job. You can buy specimens unpainted. The larger bases are bottom signed. However, I do not have a sample of the round textured base like the op shows. I do not know how it is bottom marked or signed. I can show the rectangular marking on my set. 

They offer this round odd base style a variety of these unpainted & painted  figures on a wood base or metal. I do not know how this style is bottom signed. 

image.jpeg.b19648fc839237d0a47aeb36d88f8591.jpeg

Here are some photos of my WW I set that shows the London bottom signature (Makers mark) 

image.thumb.jpeg.2317a1b6afc405d833face19586b28ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b49c099a60a8ebe21a395a6c50b4a916.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.59e49b057a0b6505638e1f4da63b4f49.jpeg

Tradition  of London sets are very, very nice and expensive. They have some excellent WW I and WWII figures in 54mm.  I only collect WW I & WWII figures.image.thumb.png.7ee2f657969355d58b53a55583b97e3d.png

• Like 4

As far as I remember, Tradition in London had various makes, but also their own 54mm, which were perfectly painted right down to the detailed numbers on shoulder straps etc., even the smallest details were considered. These were priced according to the individual qualtity of the painting.

• Like 3