Did Hitler kill himself in his bunker?

largepizza99

Theres a lot documentry programmes on the History channel and other channels and some guy has written a new book

about this topic, did Hitler really blow his brains out?

its a hard one to answer, Stalin told Churchhill and the Americans Hitler was still alive, there was no evidence of his remains, the skull the Russians have of Hitler has a bullet hole to the front of his skull, but eye witness accounts say he killed himself by firing the gun at the side of his temple, what do you think, did Hitler escape the bunker?

Theres a lot documentry programmes on the History channel and other channels and some guy has written a new book

about this topic, did Hitler really blow his brains out?

its a hard one to answer, Stalin told Churchhill and the Americans Hitler was still alive, there was no evidence of his remains, the skull the Russians have of Hitler has a bullet hole to the front of his skull, but eye witness accounts say he killed himself by firing the gun at the side of his temple, what do you think, did Hitler escape the bunker?

there was one story of Russians capturing him and marching him to Stalingrad and for every 50 miles they would cut a arm or leg off! There is no evidence to say he did commit suicide for all we know he could be in Brazil cruising in a VW beetle right now! one day we will know what really happened.

Yes i agree, one day we will find out what really happened, but in the future will the younger generation really care?

isnt there also something about as the russians were in berlin there was a strip in the city cleafred for aircraft, ad apparently a plae escaped, to be honest i think its a load of crap. Simple he killed himself in the bunker.

also what did they do with his body ?

I've heard he was spotted in Argentina but other than that not really heard anything much else convincing.

Certainly true that you don't know what the Soviets were up to and their war record proves you can trust little they said however I think Hitler was pretty washed up by 45, talk about a bad day at the office.

I think by then as reported it would have been very easy for him to end his life and he was a very ill man too at that point if the reports we are told are true , personally in this case I think they are true. I must admit though if it was me I would have made a break for it and his army was still huge but scattered all over Europe.

He did have the reputation of never retreating which makes me think he would have stayed at the Bunker ,I also think he thought he did have a chance of Berlin being relieved until he realised the true nature of his position.

Maybe the thought of all those who had died was starting to play on his conscience.

• Like 1

The following clip I think you will agree should resolve the moon landing argument and possibly Hitlers escape in one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad link, interesting. However, you will agree, very, very grainy and unsubstantiated (apart from the stealth bomber, jet engines and real Appollo mission gubbins.)

At 3m 25s I thought the film was closing in on a U-Boat.

It is amazing, Germany, Japan & Italy get spanked in WWII. All go on to produce the best cars in the world.

America produces cars that can't turn corners and beyond the aesthetic looks, really are junk. Britains flagship of Jaguar is a shadow of itself and is made of spare Mondeo parts. Caterham & Lotus are about the only proud names left.

France produce cars that are shambolic also.

Give me a BMW three series anyday!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Watched discovery channel the other day thy skull fragments the russians have and claim to be Hitlers turn out to be that of a female this was done through dna testing, they also had another show about borman turns out the skull had clay inside it that can only be found in south america they reckon he got out in time and that the doctor of death treated him whilst on the run he was buried in south america for some time then the remaines were reburied in the father land. I find it quite interesting that the russians found hitlers dentist so easily in war torn Berlin and he made a crude sketch of Hitlers bridge to id the body.

• Like 1

Yes I saw that too ,apparently they said Oddessa moved the body , his teeth had extra work done on them too which were not present on his war time records.Whither it's true or not I don't know but it's just another example of the many mysteries of WW2.

• Like 1

Hitler died in his bunker! Fed up with conspiracy stuff.Ive got a Mondeo Stefan,great car as any taxi driver will tell you.Smooth comfortable and reliable. BMWs are over rated. People buy into the designer image etc.Ive driven several of them,my dad had one and hated it.All you pay for is a name.But for some people a name is important.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Steve will love this....

I have just finished reading a book 'The Unlikely Death of Heinrich Himmler' by Hugh Thomas. Published in 2001. I am sure that many people will believe, after reading it, that there is a very real possibility that Himmler escaped after the war with the help or collusion of the Swedes and various interested British and US Parties and lived a comfortable existence thereafter. The person killed was a lookalike.

In 2002/2003 documents were discovered in the PRO in Kew by a BBC researcher. These were brought to the attention of Historian and Author Martin Allen who included them in his book 'Himmler's Secret War'. published in 2004. These papers showed that Himmler had been assassinated by Bruce Lockhart and the British Secret Service on the orders of Churchill.

This therefore blew the whole thesis of Thomas' book out the water.

Subsequent to publication of Allen's book the PRO authorised tests to discover the authenticity of the documents in question. They were conclusively proved by Dr Audrey Giles to be forgeries.

The case was investigated but dropped and no prosecutions brought as they would not be in the public interest.

The Himmler File is subject to a 100 year closure and will not be available to the public until 2045 (when an empty file cover will be produced).

This leads to many questions -

- Why were papers released about Himmler's death when others were subject to 100 years closure?

- Especially the year after the Thomas book?

- Are they really fake?

- If so how did someone manage to access the PRO and put in fake documents?

- How many other fakes are in the PRO?

- Why is it not in the public interest?

And many other questions...

• Like 1

I'm sure there is an awful lot about WW2 we will never know the truth about.

• Like 1

Nothing would surprise me these days Graeme..Britain is so secretive we get told nothing.But one conspiracy i do believe is the moon landing..it never happened! :o

I'm sure there is an awful lot about WW2 we will never know the truth about.

history at present records Hitler as having committed suicide by a totally unique method which has for half a century been accepted by historians almost without demur. The Fuhrer allegedly bit a cyanide capsule and shot himself at one and the same time! But neither cyanide nor a bullet was the real cause of death of the corpse identified as Hitler. Quote from the book DOPPELGANGERS The Truth about the bodies in the Berlin Bunker by Hugh Thomas published 1995. This book precipatated a six mouth Scotland Yard inquiry which saw its report immediately suppressed.

• Like 1