Feldgraue Uniformen des Ersten Weltkrieges vorgeführt

Fritz

Bekleidungsamt XIII präsentiert:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Uniforms from 1914 through to 1945 - note, the collar liner should be fieldgrey and not black, as on the peacetime uniforms.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Excellent video, however there are quite a few mistakes such as the 1917 soldier having a Model 1924 stick grenade and the 1939 soldier having a tank destruction badge which was not introduced until 1942, but still a very good video.

• Like 2

I noticed that with the tank destruction badge, they were rarely awarded, you see every second re-enactor with them nowadays. The 1924 stick grenade is also clear.
Here's another interesting one of the series I found.

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person und Militäruniform

Here, a very unlikely combination

• Like 3

Maybe a dumb quesstion, I wonder in Europe do they fire blank ammunition and the reenactment rifles are still functional?  I was an American Civil War reenactor in the mid 1960s and we fired blanks, just powder. But as burial honor guards we fire blanks in the M1. I never did WW I or WW II reenacting, by that time I was working as an archaeologist on projects. However, on Veterans day we would fire salutes at CW soldiers graves or during parades in the U.S.  VFW members still fire at WW II burials and now Vietnam soldier's burials. But these are blank rounds in US Springfields  or M1s with blank adaptors to maintain pressure so they cycle.  Do they actually have WW II reenactors in Germany?  Do they fire blank rounds in the K98k rifles? 

• Like 3

I believe they still do blank firing with weapons which have been converted to "Salut", these are now very restricted since the new firearms laws came out in the EU a couple of years ago. I think only registered re-enactment groups are permitted. De-activated weapons are now completely banned in the EU, Britain left in time, so the laws have remained relaxed. I know someone in Folkestone, who with his re-enactor group regulary fires black powder weapons at public shows.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

One mistake here is the beard. After the use of gas at the front, beards were no longer permitted, only shortened moustaches

• Like 3

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Infanterie - Uniformen und Ausrüstung anhand des Thüringischen Infanterie-Regiments 31 (Altona)

• Like 3

• Fritz changed the title to Feldgraue Uniformen des Ersten Weltkrieges vorgeführt
  • Fritz pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Exerziervorschrift

• Like 3