Did Martin Bormann escape?

I know it's a bit of an eye roll with these questions but.. Does anyone think.. Realistically.. Hitler actually didn't die in the bunker and got away to South America? What would of been the chances of this happening? Its like a old aged question by now and  Yes I have watched "hunting Hitler". Does anyone know solid evidence that he did die? 

hitler.webp

• Like 2

image.png.287392006b826f4fd5fef213c1291ca3.png

Impossible. Read all the contents right through under this link -

• Like 3

image.png.ab6d1f590b193864cbf86cb3c003b27c.png

Der Wortlaut des Beschlusses des Amtsgerichtes Berchtesgaden. Im Amtsgericht Berchtesgaden wurde Adolf Hitler am 25. Oktober 1956 amtlich für tot erklärt.

• Like 3

I admit the series is interesting but it is just TV drama.

• Like 3

Is it true that Martin Bormann's body wasn't actually found? Not just from this TV series but alot online are saying he died in the bunker, other reports say he made it few miles away from the bunker  and some say living in Argentina.  Or his body wasn't even found 🤷

• Like 3

Akten: Die nervige Jagd nach Hitlers Sekretär Bormann - WELT

Bormanns Skelett eindeutig identifiziert

Gleich zweimal wurde Martin Bormann amtlich für tot erklärt. Doch die Spekulationen um den nach Adolf Hitler mächtigsten Mann der Nazi-Zeit hielten sich Jahrzehnte. Eine DNS-Analyse brachte jetzt Gewißheit: Der 1972 in Berlin gefundene Schädel gehört zu Bormanns Skelett.Bormann verließ die zerstörte Reichskanzlei, um dem neuen Staatschef Karl Dönitz das Testament Hitlers zu überbringen. Russen stoppten ihn. In auswegloser, verzweifelter Lage schluckte er Gift. Er starb neben dem SS-Obersturmbannführer Ludwig Stumpfegger, Hitlers letztem Leibarzt, und wurde wenig später als Namenloser unweit des Todesortes bestattet. Bis heute ist diese Version die offizielle - und sie findet im Münchner Untersuchungsergebnis ihre Bestätigung.

Während die Fahndung lief, ergab sich im Allgäu-Städtchen Memmingen der Ex-Chef der Hitlerjugend, Artur Axmann, den Alliierten. Er berichtete seinen Vernehmern, daß er fast zeitgleich mit Bormann, Stumpfegger, Hitlers Flugkapitän Hans Baur und anderen Personen aus der Reichskanzlei ausgebrochen sei, und schilderte, was sich im einzelnen abgespielt habe.

Nahe der Weidendammbrücke, so Axmann, seien sie in starkes Feuer geraten und hätten in einem Granattrichter Deckung gesucht. Wenig später sei Reichsleiter Bormann in der Grube aufgetaucht.

Am frühen Morgen hätte die auf zehn Mann angewachsene Gruppe beschlossen, über die S-Bahn-Gleise in westlicher Richtung zu marschieren. Sie hätten sich die Abzeichen von den Uniformen gerissen und die Waffen weggeworfen.

Kurz vor dem Erreichen der S-Bahn-Station am Lehrter Bahnhof hätten sie bemerkt, daß auf dem Bahnsteig Rotarmisten standen. Sie seien auf die Invalidenstraße hinuntergeklettert und geradenwegs neben einer russischen Feldwache gelandet. Die Russen, die sie für versprengte Volkssturmmänner hielten, boten Zigaretten an und begannen radebrechend mit »woina kaputt, Gitler kaputt« ein Gespräch.

Dies aber sei für den unsicher wirkenden Bormann zuviel gewesen. Nach Axmanns Schilderung setzten sich Bormann und Stumpfegger »mit immer schneller werdenden Schritten« (Lang) Richtung Charité ab. Als Axmann und sein Adjutant Gerd Weltzin kurz darauf beide wiedersahen, hätten sie auf der Straße nahe des Lehrter Bahnhofs gelegen - leblos. Axmann präzisierte Jahre später: »Wir knieten bei den beiden Personen nieder und erkannten einwandfrei Martin Bormann und Dr. Stumpfegger. Beide lagen auf dem Rücken ... Ich sprach Bormann an, befühlte ihn und rüttelte ihn etwas hin und her und vernahm keinen Atem.«

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure how up to date my information is and am ready to be shot down on this, however I heard that Bormann was spotted in several places including Paraguay after the war. His grave was apparently found in Paraguay and when exhumed it was empty. Now the interesting part is when his body was found in Berlin in 1972 it had traces of red clay on it, this type of red clay can't be found anywhere in Berlin, but was an exact match of the clay found in the grave in Paraguay. Apparently this type of clay is only found in South America. I'm not sure if this has since been debunked would be interested to find out the latest on this theory. 

Here is a translation of Fritz post  which seems more likely 

Martin Bormann was officially declared dead twice. But the speculation about the most powerful man of the Nazi era after Adolf Hitler lasted for decades. A DNA analysis has now brought certainty: The skull found in Berlin in 1972 belongs to Bormann's skeleton. Bormann left the destroyed Reich Chancellery to deliver Hitler's will to the new head of state, Karl Dönitz. Russians stopped him. In a hopeless, desperate situation, he swallowed poison. He died next to SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Ludwig Stumpfegger, Hitler's last personal physician, and was buried unnamed not far from the place of death a short time later. To this day, this version is the official one - and it is confirmed by the results of the Munich investigation. While the manhunt was going on, the former head of the Hitler Youth, Artur Axmann, surrendered to the Allies in the Allgäu town of Memmingen. He reported to his interrogators that he had broken out of the Reich Chancellery almost at the same time as Bormann, Stumpfegger, Hitler's flight captain Hans Baur and other people, and described what had happened in detail. According to Axmann, they came under heavy fire near the Weidendamm Bridge and sought cover in a shell hole. A little later, Reichsleiter Bormann appeared in the pit. In the early morning, the group, which had grown to ten men, decided to march west across the S-Bahn tracks. They tore the badges off their uniforms and threw away their weapons. Shortly before reaching the S-Bahn station at Lehrter Bahnhof, they noticed that Red Army soldiers were standing on the platform. They climbed down Invalidenstrasse and landed right next to a Russian field guard. The Russians, who they took for stragglers from the Volkssturm, offered cigarettes and, breaking a wheel, started a conversation with "woina busted, Gitler busted." But this was too much for the insecure-looking Bormann. According to Axmann's description, Bormann and Stumpfegger "walked ever faster" (Lang) in the direction of the Charité. When Axmann and his adjutant Gerd Weltzin saw them again shortly afterwards, they were lying lifeless on the street near the Lehrter train station. Axmann specified years later: "We knelt down by the two people and clearly recognized Martin Bormann and Dr. Stumpfegger. Both were lying on their backs... I talked to Bormann, felt him and shook him back and forth a little and couldn't hear a breath."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the translation, you probably got it done quicker than I would. Yes, I heard too that Bormann was spotted in several places worldwide, he was truly a master in suspense. However, this has been certain since his remains were found near the Lehrter Bahnhof in 1972. There was no way out of Berlin at the time, not even for ordinary soldiers let alone prominent people.
I'm sure no one went to the trouble of smuggling him out of Paraguay and burying him near the Lehrter Bahnhof in Berlin in the 1970s. The red clay was probably destroyed red brick masonry near the bridge or station.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well I was hoping Mark Felton would do a production on Martin Bormann and he has just produced this, as you know I highly respect Marks work, this is very interesting and well worth a watch. It appears even Mark Felton is very sceptical that Bormann was killed in Berlin. 

• Like 2

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to Did Martin Bormann escape?
  • Kenny Andrew featured and pinned this topic