New Items

Just found these at an estate sale, first is a Franco-Prussian campaign medal or Kriegsdenkmünze with an original ribbon, second is campaign medal from the war of 1866, or Erinnerungskreuz "Treuen Kriegern" this was issued for other theaters in the campaign. It has the original ribbon and the medal is in excellent condition. Third is a 12 year service medal, fourth is a Dienstauszeichungen or service medal from Bavaria for 12 years, with original ribbon. Last one is a Serbian Balkan War Medal from 1913, looks original. 

IMG_6196.JPG

IMG_6197.JPG

IMG_6198.JPG

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

IMG_6201.JPG

• Like 4

Last medal is the Serbische Medaille für den Balkankrieg, 1913. Monogram ist King Peter of Serbia.

• Like 3

The Bavarian Dienstauszeichnung could even be real silver, these are occasionally found. The 1866 cross is a "Zweitanfertigung", identical to the issued award, however it has a narrow ring loop, compare with the 1870 medal,
these often have a nicer gilding than the issued examples, very nice ribbon on that.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Another new item, could not pass this up as the price was a real bargain! Mounted trio of Medals, Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914, Hessen-Darmstadt honor/bravery medal, and a Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz. The Iron cross is marked on the ring:  S - W for Sy und Wagner of Berlin.

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6357.JPG

• Like 5

Very nice, shame that the ribbons have suffered a bit. The Hessian medals were usually good silver, there were also various different inscriptions:
Für Kriegsverdienste
Für treue Dienste
Für langjährige treue Dienste
Für Rettung von Menschenleben
Für Rettung aus Lebensgefahr
Für treue Arbeit

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a nice Wilhelmskreuz, the ribbon is not the right size, and will need a replacement. 

IMG_6402.JPG

IMG_6404.JPG

• Like 5

The ribbon looks originally stitched on, I would leave it like that.

image.thumb.png.bb4cfdc95fed227e1807824c2b18b580.png

Here is my example, the ribbon is a good replacement, but otherwise standard size for this decoration.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Just won this Prussian 1815 medal, with original ribbon, I have been looking for a decent one for some time. Most of these I have seen lately are worn so bad the date and other stamps are gone.

blob (1).jpg

blob.jpg

• Like 2