KM Badge

Eddieq

Hi All

I’ve never come across a badge like this before. It was marked with a ‘what is it’ label and I suppose my question is exactly that - what is it and is it real or fantasy?

It has been denazified by having the swastika removed but it is the deaths head which I’ve never seen on a u-boat badge.

I am told it came from a reputable source with a lot of other genuine KM items.

842B4A5E-EAA1-4549-B3F5-C7B73E5EBF5A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Never seen one before, but as de-nazified, who knows? Can't imagine it being real, a fantasy product of overworked fakers.

• Like 4

I’m with you Fritz but, on hand I have a very experienced collector who thinks it’s real, and on the other, no evidence as to why it would exist.

The only thing I would wonder, is why someone would create a de-nazified fake of an award that didn’t exist, ever? - that makes me intrigued.

However, if there wasn’t intrigue and suspense in this field then we probably both wouldn’t be interested in it 😂!

E

• Like 3

Curiosity kills the cat.

• Like 3

I would say its a fantasy/made up item. I have never seen a real badge look like that before. However, I am not an expert. 

• Like 3

Hi Eddie, I'd agree fantasy item, allot of these type of items were made in the 1970's. The reason it's been de-nazified is probably to make people think  it is real and to cause intrigue as you say.    

• Like 4