German M1871 Ammunition Pouch

Gildwiller1918

I have what I believe is a M1871 German Ammunition pouch. These were for the M1871 rifle, and were also used later for the M1884 rifle. I have seen images of these pouches used into WW1 as well. Typically issued in pairs and they held 30 rounds each. This one is in pretty good shape, all straps present. It appears the two closure straps that would face the wearer have been replaced, but this looks period done. Nice markings as well. 

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6041.JPG

• Like 5

Grenadier-Regt. 119. Strangely enough, most of these which have turned up in the last 30 years are from Württemberg regiments. Worn in pairs.

• Like 5

Someone must have found a old cache or stockpile somewhere. I would like to find another to complete the set. 

• Like 3

Yes, quite sure, must have been an old depot, they were offered by Zeughaus Überlingen GmbH (no longer in business) and Archiv-Verlag Braunschweig, these for a rather high price. You should try and get another to match, as these were always worn in pairs. The earlier models are very difficult to find

PATRONENTASCHEN M. 1895 mit Truppenteile aus Baden und Preußen - EUR 203,77  | PicClick DE

grafik.png.8d32cd218ce548243556a2d74fc3bde8.png

Copy for re-enactment, worn single with the buckle between the loops, the older belts were white or black.

Preussen, Patronentasche M1874, Kammerstück des 3.Garde Regiment zu F,  150,00 €

Ww1 Patronentasche Preußen Unteroffizier Blasch, Infanterie-Regiment von  Goeben, 1884, 2. Kompanie Rheinisches Infanterieregiment 28. Hersteller

Ausrüstung der Mannschaften - Seite 4

Der preußische Infanterist im badischen Feldzuge 1849 Buch

Patronentasche, Infanterie-Regiment No. 26, Preußen - Deutsche Digitale  Bibliothek

• Like 4

That's my plan, finding ones in good shape is the trick. These don't come up often here though.

• Like 4