Another unknown gun

I've just received another gun from my father-in-law who, as you may know from my other entries on the forum, recently moved back to Britain from Normandy. The pistol in the picture below is a single shot pistol and looks to be of a small calibre, possibly a .22. It's about 1 ft long. I'm guessing that it's a sporting pistol of some kind. As it's come from France and has "Le Maustic" on the grip I believe it's French. I've read about French target pistols such as the D4 but haven't seen a picture of one. Any ideas as to its identity?

Robin

post-236-1235070630_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Robin, here is a picture of the D4 which looks a bit different to yours unless maybe it's an earlier version.I think your right about it being a sporting gun although I know nothing about these so maybe somebody else will be able to help. My only concern is it "might" still be classed as a firearm.

Any body else any ideas on this one?

d4.jpg

• Like 1

If it can still fire (or even if it can't) it will still be classed as a firearm so will need a class 5 Firearms certificate.

Under our ineffectual and idiotic gun laws where "guns" ie pistols are "banned". Except no one told the criminals.

• Like 1