The Deschler hoard

Diogo

Hello everyone, 

I just bought a war merit cross in an antiques market in Switzerland and I definitely should have made some research before buying it, as now I found several websites selling the exact same copy, even though the seller told me he got the cross from Germany. 

Therefore I'm posting here in hope to have a final veredict whether this cross is authentic or not. 

I know this question is often made in this forum, but I really wanted to be sure. Many thanks for your valuable inputs. 

IMG_20211120_211115.jpg

IMG_20211120_211038.jpg

IMG_20211120_211024.jpg

IMG_20211120_211010.jpg

IMG_20211120_211002.jpg

IMG_20211120_210933.jpg

IMG_20211120_210835.jpg

IMG_20211120_210825.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phantom said:

do the copies you have seen have the same packet and paper 

Yes, I found websites selling the same set, though the small paper letters are different. What puzzled me at the time was also the perfect state of preservation of the whole set, and the price I payed (60chf) compared to what even seen in the treasurebunker store, but I decided to believe the seller as he had as well a whole variety of other medals and badges and could explain well their meaning. 

• Like 3

Hi Diogo, sorry I was working late last night and never got a chance to reply properly. There were allot of these found about 10 years ago known as the Deschler hoard. The Deschler hoard was a large quantity of medals found in the attic of an old shop when it was being refurbished. The hoard consisted of both classes of War merit crosses with and without swords, EK2, Eastern fronts, mothers crosses and Spanish medals.  The awards were still in their original packaging unopened since the day they were made. Here are some pictures.  

Normandy 2008 081.jpg

rad5F33A5FMG5F6183.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

• Like 3

Your welcome Diogo, I'll rename this thread the Deschler hoard, as others may not be aware of it :thumbsup:  

• Like 3

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to The Deschler hoard
  • Kenny Andrew pinned this topic