Chris Farlowe Tribute

Kenny Andrew

Yes it's sad, time stands still for no man :mellow:  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 11 months later...

Have found quite a few photos of Farlowe and his shop, unfortunately all overprinted with "Stockphoto" etc. See his birthday was 13. October 1940, so he's 79 this year, how time flies!
Must be a good 30 years since I saw him last. I wonder what he is doing now. His official website seems to be closed.

• Like 2

Hi Fritz, yes I saw those images too but could not use them because of copyright. You have to be very careful with images with copyright as last year we had quite a bit of hassle with an image posted on the forum, thankfully it was resolved eventually but they do chaise you up for the money and threaten you with legal action if you don't pay, even if you remove the image. Very strange that you should post this now as only two weeks ago I was watching the news and the sad story came on about a boy being killed at a holiday park in Cornwall by a dog. The news featured the front of the holiday park with a poster next to it, for some reason the poster intrigued me and I pressed rewind to see what it was, uncannily it was a poster of Chris Farlowe!! 

stream_img.jpg

Beat-at-Tencreek-1024x1024.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi, my name is Asa and im part of a small film team making a documentary on Chris Farlowe. Ive just stubbled across this fascinating thread and wondered if anyone has any old photos or video of Chris, Camden Passage, Call to Arms or even just Islington from the time Chris was trading there. Im trying to contact Georg Grimm but having no luck to date. Anything would be of interest. A quick Chris update whilst im here, Chris is in good health still singing in the UK and Europe, he also dabbles in the odd furniture deal here and there. many thanks, Asa.

• Like 3

Hi Asa, welcome to the forum, yes it's hard to find photos of the old shop, even videos of Chris other than the well known ones. I did have some great ones here of my favourite mid to late sixties era, some very psychedelic ones but as usual you tube disabled the accounts I should really have made copies but they are out there somewhere. Great idea to ask here for media about Chris I would love to see that too.No idea how to contact Georg Grimm but maybe he might see this post. Also please keep us up to date with Chris's exploits and feel free to post any pictures or media here, it's a good place to keep it all together. Tell Chris I'm asking for him, and I hope we can get you some new material, if anybody has anything, feel free to post it  :thumbsup:     

• Like 2

Chris Farlowe, Tours 2019

http://www.hamburgbluesband.de/tourdates.html

Fr. 04.01.2019 Koblenz "Café Hahn"  feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews 
Sa. 05.01.2019 Garching "Gasthaus zum Bräu" HBB feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews 
Mo. 07.01.2019 A-Salzburg "Rockhouse"  feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews 
Fr. 11.01.2019 Hamburg "Downtown Bluesclub" HBB feat. Maggie Bell & Krissy Mtthews
Sa. 12.01.2019 Schwerin "Speicher"  feat. Maggie Bell & Krissy Matthews
Do. 17.01.2019 Bonn "Harmonie"  feat. Maggie Bell, Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 18.01.2019 Bensheim "Rex"  HBB feat. Maggie Bell, Stoppok, Pete Brown  & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 19.01.2019 Affalter "Zur Linde" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
So. 20.01.2019 Dortmund "Piano" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Di. 22.01.2019 A-Linz "Arbeiterkammer" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 25.01.2019 Oldenburg "Charly´s" feat.  Krissy Matthews
Fr. 22.02.2019 Hannover "Blues Garage"  feat. Chris Farlowe, Maggie Bell & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 23.02.2019 Plauen "The Ranch"  feat. Maggie Bell & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 08.03.2019 Bordesholm "Savoy" feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthewes
Mi. 10.04.2019 A-Wien "Reigen"  feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Do. 18.04.2019 Hamburg "Fabrik" "JON HISEMAN MEMORIAL" feat. Colosseum´s Chris Farlowe, Clem Clempson, Mark Clarke, JCM, Ralph Salmins, HAMBURG BLUES BAND, Arthur Brown,  Adrian Askew, Tom Ridout & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 26.04.2019 Halle "Objekt5"  feat. Maggie Bell & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 27.04.2019 Winterbach "Lehenbachhalle"  feat. Arthur Brown, Stoppok, Maggie Bell, Pete Brown, Adrian Askew & Krissy Matthews
Di. 30.04.2019 Weil am Rhein "Altes Rathaus/Gewölbekeller" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Mi. 01.05.2019 Nürnberg "Hirsch" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Do. 02.05.2019 Dudenhofen "Festhalle" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 03.05.2019 Ravensburg "Zehntscheuer" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 04.05.2019 Offenbach "KJK Sandgasse" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 08.06.2019 Mützingen "Alte Ziegelei/Mützingenta" HBB & Friends special
Fr. 20.09.2019 Joldelund "Guitar Heroes Festival"  feat. Krissy Matthews
Sa. 05.10.2019 Forst "Manitu"  feat. Maggie Bell & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 11.10.2019 N-Asker Bluesclub "Asker Bluesclub" feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 12.10.2019 N-Nes "Nes Blues Club" feat. Pete Brown & Krissy Matthews
Mi. 30.10.2019 Crimmitschau "Theater Crimmitschau" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Do. 31.10.2019 Kirchheim/Teck "Bastion" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Fr. 13.12.2019 Melle "Kulturwerkstatt" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 14.12.2019 Torgau "Kulturbastion" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Do. 19.12.2019 Berlin "Quasimodo" feat. Chris Farlowe & Krissy Matthews
Sa. 21.12.2019 Worpswede "Music Hall" HBB and Friends feat. Chris Farlowe, Krissy Matthews u.a.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Kenny, hopefully something will turn up. 

If you havent seen it already, heres a link to our teaser trailer about our film...

www.chrisfarlowethefilm.com

enjoy

• Like 3

Thanks Asa, no I had not seen the new trailer, although I had seen the first one. It looks really good, and strangely enough it features the song I mentioned in my last post. Do you know the name of the first track ? I'll embed the trailer here for you. 

• Like 2

Found it, it's called 'Moanin' I actually posted it earlier in this thread but this is the Ready Steady Go version, I think that's what confused me. 

Also found the other track I lost, travelling into make Believe.

and a more up to date one at the Ronnie Lane Memorial Concert. Pity Mick Jones from the Clash spoilt it with his out of tune guitar.    

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Here's another Farlowe clip, more recent, doesn't seem to have lost his sense of humour mixed with a few German words
while another bandsman struggles with his guitar:

snapshot.jpg

• Like 2

Yes he is still soldiering on..... agree about the guitarist....   

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 22/08/2019 at 19:09, Asa said:

Hi, my name is Asa and im part of a small film team making a documentary on Chris Farlowe. Ive just stubbled across this fascinating thread and wondered if anyone has any old photos or video of Chris, Camden Passage, Call to Arms or even just Islington from the time Chris was trading there. Im trying to contact Georg Grimm but having no luck to date. Anything would be of interest. A quick Chris update whilst im here, Chris is in good health still singing in the UK and Europe, he also dabbles in the odd furniture deal here and there. many thanks, Asa.

https://www.dastelefonbuch.de/Suche/Georg Grimm

Telefonbuch.de - Here you might possibly find Georg Grimm, there are 2x   G. Grimm in the Hamburg area. Good luck!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Found this under Nordwestzeitung online, however, I see this is a bit older (2014) regarding a concert in Oldenburg.
I see also he has concerts lined up for the next few months, including Neuruppin and Kassel, seen under  www. musik-dresden.de

KULTUR_2_4edc27c0-51ed-4e64-b3b7-29b2203afcc4--524x337.jpg

• Like 2

Yes that's him with Colosseum, they must have reformed again, the female saxophonist must have replaced Dick Heckstall-Smith who died recently. I found this good clip of him with Julie Driscoll from 1968 a while ago, which has just recently been found, but forgot to post it, thanks for reminding me.  

• Like 1