NSKK Dagger

Gildwiller1918

I just got a NSKK dagger to complete my uniform display (just need the leather hanger). There were over 200 makers of these daggers, which is interesting because the SA and NSKK daggers are identical, except for the scabbard which was anodized black for NSKK members. After the RZM logo started to be used, the number of makers dropped to around 62, however some still used their stamps along with the RZM. This dagger is an early one, made by C. Gustav Neeff - Solingen. It also has an SA Gruppe stamp on the reverse cross guard for Westfalen (Wf). So this started off as a SA dagger then the wearer either joined the NSKK or the dagger had a blackened scabbard added at some point. Either way a decent example. It has all 4 of the screws on the scabbard with some wear marks. The blade has some sharpening marks and the motto "Alles fur Deutschland" is clearly visible, but hard to get a nice image of. 

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

• Like 4

You got one! That was quick.

• Like 4

I was shopping around for some time, but came across a site with this one at a really good price, could not pass it up. I was initially waiting to find a nicer one, however for just a display item, it works. 

• Like 4