Identifying the German helmet insignia

Jan

Hello people. It’s me again with another question 😅

What do you think about this helmet and insignia?  I think these are real but the the number is inside is post-war. It’s 66 can m-35 batchnumbers are unreadable. 

can it be worth for $150 ?

FC10A689-B792-4722-824D-E4B82747833C.jpeg

39797955-F14E-4A56-9FD8-86C90FAE8265.jpeg

8B994727-9587-494A-86DA-51FD990C3C47.jpeg

DE92A6A9-6A2E-48CD-9320-65F1B0ADFCB6.jpeg

219CE9C0-8E1E-401B-9A77-2191883F2E42.jpeg

E9B662AD-0646-4D09-9F15-4736BCB4D696.jpeg

BB0D5F50-84A1-4BAE-9E7D-F398AA705F29.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Jan changed the title to Identifying the German helmet insignia

It's an army double decal helmet but looks like it has been removed from a grave. Also look at the helmet condition pitted all over but the decals are still almost untouched I would be very surprised if they were not added recently, but either way not a helmet I would like to own.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A double decal M.1935 helmet, as Kenny mentions, very pitted and some holing. The decals could possibly be original, they look the right pattern, but are certainly in a better condition than their surroundings, as I say, possibly original, which would upgrade the price of a poor condition helmet. As mentioned before, a ground dug item, grave or even a water find. Some original helmets in similar or even better condition have been discovered in Russia and Poland in the last few years, even they have relatively well preserved decals, which is amazing, even much of the leather is still intact, depending on where they lay for so long. I tend to think the decals could be original.
If it is cheap or affordable, I would tend to go for this one (double decals are rare), and perhaps you can get an even better one next time.
The helmet is of course, Wehrmacht, as worn till mid Summer 1940, as worn in the Polish and French campaigns, thereafter only one decal (eagle). After 1943 decals were discontinued, but still worn on previously issued helmets. It would be interesting to know where this was found, that would make it even worth more, also in a historical and archaeological sense, otherwise it is just plain tradeware. If you do get this helmet, I would not advise you to do anything to it, never repaint! Store otherwise in a dry place to avoid further detioration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fritz said:

A double decal M.1935 helmet, as Kenny mentions, very pitted and some holing. The decals could possibly be original, they look the right pattern, but are certainly in a better condition than their surroundings, as I say, possibly original, which would upgrade the price of a poor condition helmet. As mentioned before, a ground dug item, grave or even a water find. Some original helmets in similar or even better condition have been discovered in Russia and Poland in the last few years, even they have relatively well preserved decals, which is amazing, even much of the leather is still intact, depending on where they lay for so long. I tend to think the decals could be original.
If it is cheap or affordable, I would tend to go for this one (double decals are rare), and perhaps you can get an even better one next time.
The helmet is of course, Wehrmacht, as worn till mid Summer 1940, as worn in the Polish and French campaigns, thereafter only one decal (eagle). After 1943 decals were discontinued, but still worn on previously issued helmets. It would be interesting to know where this was found, that would make it even worth more, also in a historical and archaeological sense, otherwise it is just plain tradeware. If you do get this helmet, I would not advise you to do anything to it, never repaint! Store otherwise in a dry place to avoid further detioration.

Thank you both for the answer. I asked some other people who interesting with helmets. They said it is original also. Of course I’m only interested with this helmet mostly  because  of decals. And no way I’m going to paint it. 

• Like 3

Good luck, perhaps you can post more pictures when you have the helmet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Good luck, perhaps you can post more pictures when you have the helmet.

Thank you. Well I hope.  seller is kinda problematic

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Try your best and be diplomatic...

• Like 3

It all comes down to personal taste, personally I don't like ground dug items as you have no way of knowing whither they came from a grave or not 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kenny Andrew said:

It all comes down to personal taste, personally I don't like ground dug items as you have no way of knowing whither they came from a grave or not 

I see. Well we we couldn't make a deal. He had only 1 review saying “  he do not send it with website’s cargo which is safer to buy. And do not answer after. I do not recommend” he first sended me extra photos and all but when I asked about shipment he disagreed with website’s shipment. I asked the reason, didn’t reply same as in review.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What a pity to spoil the deal. Maybe he wasn't trustworthy anyway. Always be sure with safe postage/insurance.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fritz said:

What a pity to spoil the deal. Maybe he wasn't trustworthy anyway. Always be sure with safe postage/insurance.

Yes. There is insurance if they send with website’s shipment. I don’t know any reason to be against that and not responding to customer  who ready to pay you $150+shipment cost  if you are not up to something . Maybe he was thinking to send an empty box or helmet was in much worse condition in real than in photos .

• Like 3

Sounds very suspicious, I think you had a lucky escape, maybe he didn't even have the helmet, only photos. I heard about a guy who bought a helmet and when the parcel arrived it was full of spanners       

• Like 3

Now I’m searching something else. I came across to those. They costs $109 for both. They are not in best condition, there is some holes in first one but there is also decals. Maybe I can sell or trade with one helmet in better condition in later. 

48B70414-74D4-4C16-AAF4-9E659D4AB451.jpeg

090A0C34-0DDB-4EC5-8279-5ECAFCD0C545.jpeg

D3826A0F-B03B-4536-81B8-937655C8CBF4.jpeg

4E3F8007-721A-40F1-A0A0-D43356B3F944.jpeg

C3C986C9-A28E-48B3-AD87-4D4980DA7A4B.jpeg

4A4C5B1C-DCD9-4898-A8D8-ECDA09C1693B.jpeg

• Sad 3

I'm just surprised how much paint is remaining considering all the pitting. Personally I would avoid all these type of items. Why for example is there white paint where the liner would have been, why would they remove the liner to add camo paint? Why put white camo inside the helmet?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kenny Andrew said:

I'm just surprised how much paint is remaining considering all the pitting. Personally I would avoid all these type of items. Why for example is there white paint where the liner would have been, why would they remove the liner to add camo paint? Why put white camo inside the helmet?  

These are from first helmet of those two. I don’t want to spend too much money so I’m looking for something not so perfect but good for that price. Honestly there is some people in Russia sells good shells in very low price. So I’m thinking maybe I can buy like this make a trade with some other item after.

D32A65B8-0B1C-4F11-990C-F78FB45528E7.png

8F222333-1DD0-4D83-A996-28F08D71A2F3.jpeg

1B75A28F-DA2F-4869-BBBE-FF344107AA81.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Are you looking for a certain size or model? There are sites where you can buy an original shell, and they offer to repaint and add liners if you want. However the WW2 Helmets seem to be drying up, as everyone wants one. 

• Like 3

Items coming from Russia can be a good deal sometimes, but as Kenny stated, you might not want to know where they came from. I would personally pay more for a nice helmet from a trusted dealer. Better investment in my opinion. 

• Like 3