German M40 helmet liner

Jan

Hey everyone! So bought my first helmet. It’s 66cm m40 made by Made by Emaillerwerke A.G. Fulda. Now I’m looking to add something like liner and belt but I cannot be sure if I should buy an original liner or a replica. Is it matter much ?  Or doesn’t worth it for this helmet? Also I’m not sure if it raises the value of helmet much as the liner costs. But in other hand i don’t want to add something new made, too clean that look unnatural on the helmet and spoils the originality. Maybe i should  buy the only the belt that original 🤔
Honestly i am okay with replica liner if they made the leather look old. Does anyone know a website or someone who sells such a liner  worldwide? 

B568290B-8648-4B6F-98B6-6225C9E04983.jpeg

004F0270-700C-4A35-A0E6-E144B88B9BC6.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice helmet Jan, would be best to add an original liner, it would also increase the value but they are hard to find, best bet would be to keep checking on Google.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Andrew said:

Nice helmet Jan, would be best to add an original liner, it would also increase the value but they are hard to find, best bet would be to keep checking on Google.     

Thank you ! I just made a little search and I noticed that original liners costs more than my helmet 😕 I guess I’ll just pass this option.

• Like 3

Nice helmet, I would personally go for an original liner. They can be found, online auction sites are not a bad option. The larger sizes can be tough though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreed an original liner will be a good investment and increase the value of the helmet, the only tricky thing as Gildwiller says is getting the correct size 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1