British Mk2 helmet production dates.

GaryR

Hi. Me and my brother both have WD motorcycles, mine's 1942 his is 1943, which we take to military events. My brother said he'd like a Brodie helmet to sit on the back as he's seen plenty of ww2 photos where the rider has a dispatch rider's helmet on but also has a Brodie helmet on the back ready for when he gets off his bike.

Trouble is all the Brodie helmets for sale weem to be dated early war, 39/40. Did they produce loads in 1940 and not make any after that, haven't seen any dated 43/44.. All the liners seem to be 39/40 too..

The only Brodie helmets I have are a 1940 Home Guard helmet (1 hole drilled in rim), and 2 desert helmets, which wouldn't match our bikes. I do have 2 Mk3 helmets, which would be the right age, but i've never seen a photo of one with a biker, the day I find said photo i'll be using it on my bike...lol

Thanks. Gary

192512983_3875127312596985_8345381521825452933_n.jpg

• Like 3

Leon is the person who would know , perhaps you should post this in the Brodie thread as sometimes these posts get missed. Lovely bikes :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny Andrew said:

Leon is the person who would know , perhaps you should post this in the Brodie thread as sometimes these posts get missed. Lovely bikes :thumbsup: 

I'll look, I thought this was the Mk 2 helmet thread?

• Like 3